ONE : Call

Adedamire pov

It had been a long day at work going from one meeting to another. I just have to finish going through this file before heading home. The martinez company had signed a contract with mine about a month ago which was yet to be completed.

Mr Leonardo Martinez, the CEO, is one of my father's friends so I wouldn't want to disappointed him, not now or ever.

His son Mateo isn't like his father, sometimes I wonder who would take over the company after Leonardo retirement or death, certainly not Mateo.

'I will prefer a complete stranger to take over my company not a son like you' those were the word of Leonardo after his son came home drunk.

Martinez technologies is the largest in Spain. Tney engage in anything relating to phone and were the best of partners. The sound of my office phone interrupted my thoughts. I answered the phone without checking the caller ID

"Adeleke Adedamire speaking" I spoke in my business tone

"Adedamire, where are you " my mom shouted into the phone making me pull it away slightly.

"Mom, my eardrums" i winced. She always talks loud even if you are beside her.

"I repeat, where are you"  She asked again her voice not as loud as before but was still loud.

'And why are you asking' those were the words that almost came out of my mouth.

"I'm at home" I lied. It was almost 12 midnight and my mom a,ways complain that all I do is work, so I had to lie.

"Yeah, and I'm at your door" She said making my heart drop.

What tha hell?

"Wait, what!!" Did she just say she is at my door. The last time we spoke she was in Australia attending on of her numerous friends Charity event.

"Of course you heard me, so get here before I drag you down myself " She hanged up immediately giving no room for arguments.

****** *******

"Hey bro, this one you are calling me by this time of the night, hope no problem?" Damola my best friend askes me.

Damola and I have been childhood friends, we went to the same school and both travelled abroad to study. After we both graduated in started my company in which he became my partner.

I decided to leave my father's company for my siblings 'cause I want the things I work for not things that are waiting for me on a platter of gold.

"I need your help" I said and twirled my chair around so I could get a better view of the city.

"For?" He asked. His voice sounded like he had been sleeping.

"My mom is currently in the house" I answered. The road was getting empty already. At least I was going to get home fast.

"So you want me to bring my wife and son over to keep her busy so she wouldn't bother you right" He said reading my mind.

"Yes" Whenever my mom visited, Damola always brought his wife or sister to distract my mom so she wouldn't start bothering me about marriage.

"Hmmm, on one condition " He said, his voice was now alert unlike before. Of course, I expected that.

"Name it" I said without thinking.

"After my wife gives birth, you would sponsor our trip to paris" He replied.

"Dont you have the money " This guy is annoying me already.

"Calm down na, let me finish" He paused before continuing "And olamide would stay with you"

"No way" His son, olamide, is the most stubborn and annoying kid on planet earth. All he does is to destroy things and act innocent.

"Then enjoy with your mom" He was about to hang up

"Ok, I would take care of your son just tell your wife to do anything to mom as long as it keeps her busy"

He laughed " I knew you can't say no"

I had no option than to agree. Whenever mom visited, I look forward to when she was leaving because all she talks about is the need for me to get married and give her grand children.

Or she always set me on blind date with her friends daughters. This time around I was going to give her a distraction.

First chapter
Vote🔶
Comment
Share