FIVE: THE MEETING

Adaeze's pov

"Ada, hurry up he is here" Stella yelled from outside the door. Today, I'm meeting the client whose mother is celebrating her birthday. I checked my reflection on the mirror, straightening my hair once more before leaving to the kitchen where Stella was.

"Where is he?" I asked her, she was munching on some chocolate, her mouth stained with it.

"In the living room" She replied winking at me before taking out a bottle of water from the fridge.

When I got to the living room, there was a figure standing by the window, he was backing me so I could not see his face but he seemed familiar.

"Good morning sir" I greeted gaining his attention.

"Good morning" He turns around, a smirk on his face.

"You!, what are you doing here" I exclaimed pointing a finger at him, he was the same guy that I believe is stalking me. So this was the person Stella wants me to meet.

"Wow, I must say that is a nice way to greet your client" He sat down on a couch, comfortable with a smirk like he owned the place.

"I just didn't expect it to be you" I lowered my voice, I went to sit opposite him.

"Who did you expect?" He asked quirkiness an eyebrow, he crossed his legs leaning further into the couch, his eyes still trained on him as he waited for an answer which I won't give.

"Let's get to business" I ignored his question quickly changing the topic. Of course, I had not expected the unknown client to turn out to be this man.

*****************************

"I guess we can call this a day" We have been talking on how the decorations and food will be for what seemed like hours now. I was tired of sitting in the same position for too long without stretching my kegs.

"Yes beautiful lady" He said winking at me, I stood up pretending like I had not seen that.

"It's Adaeze" I try not to sound rude as I told him my name, we were not on the friendship level so he has no right to give me nicknames.

Stella walked in. Where has she been all day?

"Hey Ire, how are things going?"

"Cool, you have recommended a good lady for me right here" He replied as he looked at me. His eyes held what I can't explain.

"Yes, one of the best" Stella replied

He glanced at his watch "I have a meeting by 2pm so I would be on my way" We rose up together.

"Thanks for the time-" I paused waiting to hear his name since I had forgotten it.

"Damire or Ire is the name" When would he stop insisting I call him by his name. Ugh! Annoying chicken

"I prefer to add formality" I muttered under my breath.

Stella nudged my ribs with her elbows.

"Ire don't mind her" She stated grinning wide at him, if not that I know she is not attracted to him, I would have thought they were both in a relationship.

He stretched forth his hand to shake Stella, he does the same to me but quickly brought my fingers to his lips. I withdrew my hands immediately.

"Thanks once agan" I said

ADEDAMIRE POV

"Hey guy, how was the meeting" Damola asked immediately I got out of the elevator. Has he been waiting?. I've told him about Adaeze but regrets it since he kppeeps teasing me.