FIFTEEN: the death

Adaeze pov

I didn't sleep well last night. The shame and the faces of everyone kept haunting me like my past. I received a text message from an unknown number.

Unknown: It hope you enjoyed yesterday, more are to come.

Fear gripped me, why can't I have a normal life?

"You are awake" Stella said coming into the room.

"Good morning"

"Morning, how was your night Adaeze?" She asked with a worried looking face.

"I couldn't sleep but I will get over it soon"

I picked up my phone from the bed and showed her."I saw this message this Morning"

Her eyes widens while she read it."I knew it was a setup!"

"I wonder how many people out there hates me"

"Maybe you offended someone in the past, did you? "

"No"

"Should we tell Ire?"

***************

I'm waiting for damola at my home office. He went to meet the usher who blamed Adaeze.

"Hey bro" Damola said. Didn't even see him enter.

"Any progress"

"Yes, I saw the lady she was in a rush somewhere but said we should come over to her house tomorrow. I hope she confesses"

"When are we meeting her?"

"By noon"

"Have you completed the project with Mr Leonardo"

"No, remains the one in Los Angeles"

"Why is it taking long?"

"He said you need to be there"

I groan.

************

Stella pov

I know it's Sekemi who did this but how can I prove it. I just feel like calling the police on her but that would be stupid, if only I cold lay my hands on her and cast the devil out.

From the moment Adaeze talked about her position in Ire life as an ex, I knew something was up. According to Ire, she has been gone out of his life for four years and she is back. Should does that?.

My phone rings

"Any update?" I asked

"Good morning to you too"

"Sorry, greetings didn't come to my mind"

"Nothing really much to tell you, I went go the ushers house and guess what?"

"She ran away"

"No, she is dead"

"Dead, who killed her?"

"That's the same question I'm asking myself"

"Ire that means this is all a set up or the death was an accident"

"No, the neighbours said she was robbed but there are still some truth to be uncovered"

"Truth like?" I asked.

"One, her area is not the kind of place to rob and two she was stabbed repeatedly, which robber does that?" I heard a voice calling Ire in the background.

"Stella I have work to do, see you later"

"Bye"

Hey guys 

It's been long. I lost the hardcopy of this book so I have to start all over again. I also had a busy schedule cause I'm writing a movie script which I've been working on for like three months, but you would be seeing me often.

Merry Christmas though it came late and a happy new year in advance.

Love you all