TWENTY SIX: The Visit

Ire

Damola walked into my office just in time.

"You called?" He asked after taking a seat.

"Yes I did, I want to ask you a question" I said

"Go on"

"How did you ask Ifeoma on a date for the first time?"

"Who are you asking on a date?" He asked me instead of answering my question.

"Just answer my question"

"Is it Adaeze?"

"Yes, now answer my question" I said keeping my calm.

"I knew it!, finally you decided to grow up"

Annoying guy

"Just shut up and answer my question!"

"I can't shut up and answer a question, it's impossible" He responded back.

I clenched my fist ready to give him a punch any moment.

"Just. Answer. My . Question"

He pretended like he was thinking."Ire, what was the question again?"

"You are the most annoying guy in the world, how does Ifeoma even cope with you?"

"That's how Ifeoma fell in love with me, you know-"

I cut him shut before he starts telling me his love story again. "Keep the story to yourself. The question is how should I ask Adaeze out?"

"Take her to a place you think she loves, it doesn't have to be a restaurant, that's old fashion. When you want to ask her out, don't mention it as a date. To make a lady fall in love and remain in that love, they must be your first priority. Listen to her always even if what she is saying is boring, ask comfortable questions, don't rush her into things and be ready to fight for your love in any difficulty situation."

When he was done talking I was short of words, looking at the person seated in front of me to make sure it was really damola.

I must take note of this day he said something reasonable.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Nothing . I never thought you could give an advice like that" I said.

"Thanks to Ifeoma.  Love is a good thing"

"I can never forget the day you proposed to Ifeoma,  you were behaving like..... never mind"

"Say it"

"You were behaving like amateur fly, panicking throughout the day and I lost that contract because of you"

"You are not serious"

"By the way I'm going to pay the Mumure's family a visit" I said changing the topic.

"That sound suspicious, why?" He leaned forward.

"Nothing to worry about, it's just a visit"

"Hmmm....."

"There is a 99.9 percent chance, Sekemi broke into the house or she hired someone and that person did the job well because david found no fingerprint" I said.

"Then it was well planned" He said.

"Yes it was"

"But it would be stupid of hours accuse Sekemi without  evidence"

"No I'm not, they are in for a suprise"

I must hear gist tomorrow, is Adaeze at work?" He asked.

"No, I have her a week break even though it was hard persuading her to do so"