THIRTY ONE: I LOVE HIM

Ire's pov

I groaned as I came out of the bathroom, who visits someone by this time in the morning, 6am. I wore a short before leaving my room to open the door. I flunged the door open.

"Mom, what are you doing here?"

She pushed me aside before entering "Good morning to you too, and is it a crime to visit my son again?" She asked.

"No, just that I wasn't expecting you"

She left the ante room and walked into the living room.

"Why did you change your pass code to the door?" She placed her bag on the glass centre table.

"I felt like"

"Is it true?" She asked

"Is what true?"

"I heard that that Adaeze girl is staying with you and not only her but also her friend"

I shrug it off "It doesn't matter"

"Are you alright ire, you never allowed sekemi to-"

I cut her off "Can we talk normally without bringing that name up?"

"Ire sekemi-"

"Have a nice day mom, if you are hungry, there's food in the kitchen" I turned towards the stairs before remembering something " I forgot, all the food were cooked by Adaeze and her friend"

Adaeze pov

I woke up early so I heard the conversation between ire and his mom. I currently seated on my makeup table talking with Stella who was on the bed.

"Are you sure she's here?" Stella asked

I dropped the eyeliner before turning to look at her "Yes she is, I haven't gone down yet"

"My  prayer is that I'll never have a mother in law like her in my life" she knelt dramatically on the bed.

"Mother in law?"

"Of course, it's so obvious that you and ire would get married one day"

"Lower your voice, we don't want ire mother hearing this" I whispered.

"Who cares?"

"I do. She hates me already so don't add to the hatred" I said

I opened the wardrobe to pick a shoe, after contemplating for some seconds, i wore a flat black shoe.

"I should get going, ire must be waiting for me" I said

*********     **********   **********

I tiptoe down the stairs to avoid being seen by ire's mother.

"What are you doing?" I turned around. Ire was also tiptoing, it was funny seeing him do so.

"The same thing you are doing" I whispered

"Why are you doing it?"

"Your mom" I said

"No need for that, she has gone out" he replied

"Where?"

"Shopping with her friends and I sure she won't be back till late at night"

I picked up my handbag which I left the night before behind the couch.

The sun hit me immediately I left the building. I stood beside ire's car waiting for him.

He pointed towards his red ferrari "let's take that car, it goes with my suit"

I entered the Ferrari he pointed to.

God, this is heaven on earth.

The interior designs were screaming money, money, money.

"I love you car" I complement

"Thanks"

*********   *********

"Come in" I said. Mike walked in with some files I requested for.

"Adaeze, good afternoon" he greeted.

"Good afternoon, please drop the files here" I pointed to an empty spot on the table. I opened a bottle of Pepsi.

He dropped the files and sat down thereafter, I ignored his presence and picked up one of the file but I could feel his eyes on me. The silence was an awkward one, very awkward.

"Adaeze?" He called.

"Hmmm"

"I love you" He blurted out.

I started choking on the Pepsi I was drinking as it went to my nose. He came over to my side of the table to touch me but I stopped him just in time.

"I'm fine, thank you" I said shifting away from him.

He went back to his seat probably because of my expression "I'm sorry, I just wanted to confess my feelings to you and I don't mind if you don't love me back I would wait"

Keep waiting.

"I'm also sorry Mike,  I love someoneelse" I replied

Love?

I never thought I love him.

"Is it Mr ire?" Mike asked.

"Yes" I wasted no time in answering.

He sighed and stood up "I'll keep waiting for you" he said.

He turned the handle of the door and was about to leave when he turned back "I'll do whatever it is to get you" with that he left.

What just happened?

******** **********

"Where are you going?" I asked ire who did not pass the direction to the house.

"Wait and see" he said

"But you didn't pass-"

"Wait and see"

We finally got to where he was taking me, it was a secluded area but I was xalm knowing ire was here with me. He picked up a blue handkerchief from the car side pocket.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Acloth, I have a surprise for you and your eyes must be closed so as not to ruin the suprise" he said.

"But I would see the suprise at the end"

"Shhhh"

He brought the handkerchief close a day used it to cover my eyes.

"How long?" I asked

"Not long"

He got down from his side of the car before coming over to mine, I got down with his assistance.

I don't know how long I walked but we finally got to where he's taking me.

"Can I remove it?" I asked impatiently.

"You can"

I pulled the cloth off my face.

"Wow" was the first word that came out of my mouth. He brought me to a garden, the place was decorated with lights on a tree, roses were scattered on the floor. It's beautiful even more beautiful with the moon reflecting it's light on us. Under the tree with light, there was at table covered with a red lining with roses at the edge.

"Who decorated here, I wanna see the person" I said.

"Damola and I" Ire said from behind.

My eyes widened on shock as I slowly turn around "Both of you. And you made me plan all your events?"

He let out a chuckle "you still don't get the point"

"What point?" I asked confused.

4000 reads, thanks 😍😚😘😙😗😩😩😩
The usual:
Vote
Comment
Share