FOUR: The past

Adedamire pov

The smell of food filled the room as I enter the kitchen.

"Morning mom" I walk over to the fridge to grab a bottle of water. I assist her in taking the food to the dining. "Where's teniola?"

"She's still asleep, you know how she sleeps late" She replied as she served me spaghetti and sauce. Teniola is the last child of the family so she's treated as one.

"Hmmm" My mom clears her throat. I know where this is leading to, "Son, where were you last night".

"At damola's place"

"Ok, is he wife coming over again?"

"Yes" Damola's wife, ifunaya, has been a great source of help since, you mom and sister came over.

"Your friend damola has a kid already and his wife is heavenly pregnant while some people can't boast of having a girlfriend" Of course, she is referring to me. This has been the topic of everyday.

I decided to play along.

"Mom, do you know that some people are forcing their kids to get married which is so wrong?" She reaches to slap my head but I dodge it.

"You are just like your father, everything I do you guys are always complaining"

"There must be a reason behind it"

Here we go......

Her eyes started to water as she replied "I just want the best for my son, I want to hold my grandchild before I die but of course, all my son do is work work work" I stood up from my seat and started rubbing her back.

Speaking about death, my mom is only fifty two and has many more year to come.

*************************

"Thanks for coming over" I said as Ifunaya sat down on the one sitter in the living room.

"No problem" She rubs her stomach. Teniola comes down from the stairs wearing joggers and tank top, as she sees ifunaya she started screaming. Girls!

"Oh my, sister in law, thank God you are here" She pushed me aside "this house is boring with only my brother"

"Yeah" Ifunaya replied

"Guys I'm still here" I fake hurt. Teniola plopped in the couch as she picked up the remote.

"He doesn't even let me host any party"

"Dont you dare!" I raise my voice slightly. I remember the last time she visited. She invited all her friends over while I wasn't around. I came home jetlagged and saw those little chickens she calls friends making out at every corner of the house. Two were even in my room almost doing the deed, that was so annoy..

"Awwn, I wish I had a brother so protective like you"

Stella's pov

I'm sitting at a restaurant waiting for him to arrive. It's high time she had a boyfriend.

"Hey" He waved at me as he takes his seat. He is dressed in a simple shirt and jeans.

"Hi, so..."

"So?"

"You called me"

"Yeah, I just wanted to talk about your friend" I am so happy that Adaeze has an admirer.

"Hmmm, are you her admirer?"

"Maybe, but why is she so rude?" That question caught me off guard.

"She's not rude" The waiters served the food which he ordered before coming "She just love keeping to herself"