Chapter 11- Easy Way Out

Saffron's POV

Is There a New McGirl Around?

McFly have been spending a lot of time with YouTuber Saffron Goode recently, one in particular, Mr Dougie Poynter. The two met at Tom Fletcher's sister's birthday bash, Carrie Hope Fletcher who is currently playing the part of Eponine in the West End production of Les Miserables. Poynter and Goode went to see the musical together, and have been seeing quite a bit of each other since, along with the rest of McFly. Saffron Goode performed a couple of songs with McFly at a gig in December, and at some interviews afterwards, both her and Dougie burst out laughing after being asked if there was anything going on between them. However, the pair seem to have been unusually close, leading us to ask: is there something going on?

"Look at this!" I say to Dougie, waving the magazine in his face. It's the day before we go on our writing trip, tomorrow's the 20th, so we'll be back for my birthday. We had Tom's birthday party yesterday, so I'm staying round Dougie's, because there would be no point in me going home and coming back the next day.

"Hold it still!" Dougie says, grabbing my wrist, and quickly reading the article. "Hahahahahahaha!" he laughs, smiling so widely I thought his face might split in half. His laugh is infectious, so I have to join in. When we eventually finish giggling, we realise that A LOT of people will have seen this article, so we have to do something about it. "Wait," Dougie says, just as I open twitter on my phone, "What if we pretend we haven't seen it, and act like we're actually a couple?" he suggests.

"That. Is. Genius." I say, my jaw dropping,

"This could be the prank of the century!" Dougie shouts, and we high five.

********************************************************

"So how are we actually going to go about pulling this off?" I ask.It's 9:30 pm, and Dougie and I are sat on the sofa, binge-watching old Celebrity Juice episodes and eating popcorn, healthy right? Dougie frowns and sits up,

"I'm not really sure." he says, furrowing his eyebrows,

"We shouldn't actually say we're a thing, ugh that sounds wrong, but maybe a couple of tweets with selfies of me kissing you on the cheek?" Doug suggests, and I nod in agreement. "Who should we tell we're doing this then?" he asks,  

"Well, I think all of the boys, and maybe whoever we actually properly know that asks about it." I say, "We don't want too many people to know, something's bound to slip out." Dougie nods in agreement.

"How long do you think we can pull this off for?" he asks. I shrug my shoulders,  

"I dunno." I say, and I really don't. I'm new to this 'world', I didn't realise just knowing the boys would mean rumors about us spreading.  

"Well," Dougie says, "Start as you mean to go on!", he pulls out his phone and takes a quick selfie of the both of us grinning and opens up twitter. A few moments later, my phone makes a small bleep noise, indicating that I've got a new twitter notification,  @DougiePoynter mentioned you in a tweet- @DougiePoynter: Night in with @SaffySaff ! Excited about going away tomorrow!  The selfie we just took is attached, and it does look quite cute, which is kind of gross. Immediately, Dougie starts scrolling through replies, to find a lot of people asking us to 'just admit that we're together already' and lots of people just typing in caps lock about how cute Saffie is. He looks at me and winks,

"It has begun."

Dougie's POV

If I do say so myself, this scam is incredible. Personally, I think we can do this for at least three months, get into a couple more magazines. I think the boys are meeting here tomorrow, so maybe we'll try and fool them for a bit, just until we get to the house we rent. I think Tom's vlogging as well, so it should be a fun journey. I know I make fun of it, but I think it's actually quite a cool thing to do, especially because it helps him 'talk' to Carrie more, I know they miss each other, they're so busy all of the time. Yeah, I think we should maybe hold hands or something when Tom turns his camera on. Well done me, good prank.

**************************************************

Saffron's POV

"WAKE UP!!" I hear someone shout from dowstairs, oh right, Tom has a key. I groan and push the covers off me, and hear my bedroom door open. It's Dougie. "How about we fool them for a bit?" he whispers, grinning. I nod, the idea of pranking the guys again has properly woken me up now. Then I notice Dougie is shirtless. Oh. My. God! His tattoo is incredible! He catches me staring, and smiles,

"Do you like it?" he asks quietly, and I nod,

"How long did it take?"

"I'm not sure, I passed out on one of the first parts though." I grin, I knew that already.

"Guys?!" Tom shouts again, starting to come upstairs,

"We're coming!" Dougie responds softly, gesturing for me to go down first.

"Morning!" I say to Tom cheerfully and, seeing Danny and Harry, I wave happily.

Dougie and I walk to the kitchen, smiling at the boys' shocked faces, it was already working!

"What can I get you, Milady?" Dougie asks, bowing to me as I sit down, giggling.

"May I have a sample of your finest cereal, sir?" I say, going along with the old-school style.

"Of course madam." he replies, winking at me.    

"So, what have you two been up to?" Harry asks, grinning as if we were going to start blushing and stuttering awkwardly. Instead, we just shrug and I say,  

"We watched a lot of Celebrity Juice and ate a lot of popcorn." Dougie nods along to this, giving me my cereal, smiling. I get my phone out and take a picture of the cheerios I had just had placed in front of me, tweeting it with the caption,  @SaffySaff: Getting ready for a long car journey with only McFly for company! Please help me!! @ItsDannyJones @DougiePoynter @mcflyharry @tommcfly  I press send and the guys' phones all go off pretty much simultaneously.    

"Oi! We're not that bad!" Danny shouts indignantly, I just smirk back at him. Soon, I finish my cheerios and go and get dressed, shoving Dougie out of the way.

As I'm making my way back downstairs, dressed and ready to go, I hear Harry ask Dougie,  

"So, Butty, got anything you want to tell us?" he says slyly,  

"Nah, Mate, I don't think so." Doug replies nochalantly and I stiffle a laugh, knowing that he's laughing so hard inside right now,  

"Anything to do with...Saffron?" Tom, now, says, joining in. I decide it's time to make my grand entrance,  

"What about me?" I inquire, gliding through the door, beaming at Dougie.  

"Oh, nothing." Harry responds, looking a bit crestfallen, leading Dougie and I to look at each other and stifle giggles.      

"Shall we be off then?" Tom asks, gesturing to the door which we all soon walk out of, apart from Danny, who walks off towards the window.  "Danny mate?" Tom says, "The door might be the easy way out." Danny quickly turns around and walks briskly to the door.

I'm so excited!

A/N. Hello! I'm not really sure when I last updated, but here I am! So what do you think of Saffron and Dougie's scam? Do you think they'll be able to pull it off? I had this idea a while back, and haven't seen anything like it, so I thought I'd give it a go. As always, thanks for reading, please vote and comment, and I'll see you next time!

Neve x