Chapter 17- Falling in Love

Dougie's POV

It's the 29th of July, so tomorrow is Saffron's birthday, which means she's moving in the day after tomorrow. She's been over once to decide on the room she wants and, as a part of her birthday present, myself and the band have decorated it. She said she wanted a load of bookshelves, so we put a little 'chill out' space in, with a sofa, some drawers and a wooden frame with a load of space for books around it. I think it looks pretty cool, if I do say so myself. The bed is by the window which has a few strings of fairy lights around it and there's a load of photo frames on one of the walls for all of Saff's pictures.

The other gifts the guys and I have bought her are: a new vlogging camera, a couple of books, a new ukulele (to remind her of the time we met) and a big box of MAC products suggested to us by the lovely Louise Sprinkleofglitter. She knows Saffron likes makeup, but she doesn't really have the budget for any of the expensive stuff she likes to window shop for.

I'm in the music room now, which is a bit of a crappy space at the moment. I'm hoping Saffy will help me sort it out when she's settled in. I've got a couple of ideas for what it should look like; maybe we could split it in half and decorate a side of the room for each of us. However, that's just an idea, I'll ask her about it when she moves in. I hear my front door open, and Tom shouts up the stairs,

"Dude! You ready to go?" I shout back that yes, I am, and bound down the stairs, "You got everything?" Tom asks, and I nod, "Good, because Harry and Danny are waiting in the car." I look around my hallway. The next time I'm stood here, Saffron will be moving in!

A few hours later...

"Hey!!" Saffron shouts as we pull up outside her apartment. I look up, and see her waving from the window. Tom sighs, shaking his head, whilst the rest of us wave back, grinning madly. We grab our overnight bags from the boot and Saff buzzes us in.

She opens the door to her flat, hugging each of us as we walk past her, and I see a couple of pairs of shoes by the door.

"Are Sophia and Lewis already here?" I ask when it's my turn to get a hug. Saffron nods,

"Their sorting out their room." I raise an eyebrow,

"Does that mean-?" I ponder,

"Yup, they're officially a couple." Saffron confirms, and me and the band whoop as they come back in. We all say hi to each other, and me, Tom, Danny and Harry select our sofas. We all take a few selfies, with me and Saffy tweeting the ones of us together:

@DougiePoynter: Staying @SaffySaff 's place tonight for her birthday tomorrow! Gonna have some fun!

For most of the afternoon we all just mooch around the apartment, catching up, chatting and playing a bit of guitar. At around five, Saffron starts to cook dinner, which I think is sausages and mash, her favourite. As it's cooking, we decide to put a movie on and, as we're feeling nostalgic and childish, we opt for High School Musical. Saffron brings dinner over just as it's starting, and we all settle down with our plates, ready for the sing-along. Unknown to us, Lewis has slipped his phone out of his pocket and is filming us all rocking out to 'Start of Something New' (I mean, how can you not?!) and is live tweeting our movie watching. We only realise what he's doing when Saffron notices her phone buzzing; she has Lewis set on tweet alerts.

"Lewis!" she giggles. We all look over and see just how funny we look, but we had resigned ourselves to that ages ago. When the movie finishes, we realise just how amazingly cliché these movies are, and decide we can't watch one without watching the others.

"That's right, we're having a High School Musical marathon!" Sophia and Saffron shout at Lewis' phone, so he could let the twitterverse know.

"Dude, I think I'm falling in love all over again." Tom says as he stares at Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens dancing in the opening number to the second film.

The evening slowly progresses, and as the final film draws to a close, midnight strikes, meaning it's now Saffron's birthday.

"Happy birthday Saffy!" We all  shout as we encase her in a huge hug. Eventually, we all make our way to bed, grinning at how awesome a day this has been.

A/N. I'm really sorry for not updating, and I'm really sorry for the short chapter!! I've just been a bit lazy, and school's been doing a lot recently, so I've been a partially busy bee.
I'm going to try and update a lot more, so I'll see you soon!
Neve x