Chapter 8- Met This Girl

Dougie's POV

I'm so excited to perform with Saff tomorrow! I know she's an awesome singer, and I love having friends perform with us, yes she is just a friend now, I don't fancy her anymore, and just having fun on stage, especially with my epic bass guitars. It's gotten to the point where they're either sparkly pink or purple with lights on the fretboard. I know it's kind of excessive, but where's the fun in being in a band if you can't splash out every now and again?

"Yo Doug, should I play bass, electric or acoustic?" Saffron asks, and my mouth drops,

"You can play all of them just like that?" I ask, snapping my fingers, and she grins,

"Yep, I can also play ukulele, piano, harmoica if that counts and the tiniest bit of organ."  

"Yo Tom!" I shout, "Do you want Saff to play bass, electric, acoustic or ukulele?"    

"She can play all of them?" Tom asks from the other room.

"Yes I can! And stop talking about me like I'm not here!"  

"Well how about you play bass with Doug? We've already got two guitarists, and Star Girl isn't exactly an acoustic song." Me and Saff high-five, and she asks if she can borrow one of my basses, as she didn't bring one of her own. I point her to my room, where I keep my guitars, and go and join Harry in the Flones room.

"What's up, Dude?" Harry calls from the bed, "You want some Pudd time?" he asks, patting the spot beside him. I go and flop down next to him. "Soooo..." Harry starts, I know there's trouble up ahead, "Saffron." He finishes simply, grinning at me,

"What about her?" I ask,

"You gonna ask her out, man?" Harry casually questions.

"Nope, I don't like her like that anymore, Dude, she just feels like a best friend, like you lot." he looks at me weirdly, "What?"  

"I don't think I've ever known you like someone so immediately, and not think about, let's admit it, a pretty hot girl's sex appeal so soon after meeting her."    

"Dude! Gross!" I reply, it's so strange thinking about me and Saff like that.

"That's what I mean!" Harry exclaims, "You're the most dirty-minded person I know, but you've made friends with a hot girl, and haven't even thought about her like that!" I think about that for a moment and realise I know what he means, and I think it shows by the puzzled look on my face.

"Dougiiiiiiiiieeeeeeee!" Saffron calls from the main room, "Wanna have a little practice?" Of course I do, Saffron is already one of my best friends...

******************************************

Saffron's POV

A wake up to a ping on my phone, @DougiePoynter mentioned you in a tweet: 'About to wake @SaffySaff up with @ItsDannyJones @mcflyharry and @tommcfly This should be fun;)' I know they'll be filming this, so I pretend to be asleep, waiting for the door to open. When it finally does, I don't hear anything except the boys giggling softly. They're going to jump on the bed. I hear a little bleep as Tom switches on his camera, so I grin to myself, knowing that, most likely, Dougie is about to climb onto the bed. As I feel the Dougie step onto the bed, I reach out and grab his ankle, quick as a flash, and open my eyes.

"AHHHHHHH!" they all scream, and I burst out laughing,

"Morning!" I say cheerily, "A word of advice," I continue, "Next time you plan to wake me up, don't tweet about it first."