Chapter 16- Don't Stop Me Now

Harry's POV

I wake up before everyone else on the sofa, but me taking my feet off his lap awakens Tom, who I nudge and then nod over at Saffron and Dougie. Saff has her head on Dougie's shoulder and Doug's head is on top of her's. I know they're only pretending to be a couple, but I honestly think they'd be quite cute. Of course, I'd never tell them, they've become best friends over the past, nearly a year, wow! We've known Saffron since Carrie's birthday, which is now only three months away from happening again. It feels like we've only known her for a couple of weeks, and I guess we haven't seen her much, but the fact that the time has flown by so fast terrifies me. It's just hit me that we haven't made an album for nearly a year, again. I'm a bit scared we'll just have a repeat of Above The Noise, but I know Saffron, Fletch and Richard Rashman would never let us do that. They know how we feel about that record: it's a decent pop album, but it's not a good McFly album.

I can see Tom still looking at Saffron and Dougie, with Danny on the other side of them, and he gets up and goes to his rucksack, extracting his camera.

"Good morning, everyone!" he whispers, "I think we fell asleep watching Tangled last night, and me and Harry have just woken up."I wave into the lens,

"G'morning!" I say, rubbing sleep out of my eyes,

"The other three are still asleep." Tom adds, pointing at them as he swings the camera around, looking at the viewfinder to point at the other three slumped on the couch. Suddenly, Saffron stirs,

"Not for long." she amends sleepily, waving at the camera groggily, "Morning everyone."

"Hi Saffy," I say, "Good sleep?" I nod at her pillow from the previous night. She turns to see Dougie, his head now flopped completely to the side, and groans in humiliation,

"Shut up." I laugh as Tom turns his camera off, "Breakfast anyone?" Saffron asks...

Dougie's POV

I wake up, with my neck aching, to the smell of pancakes. I sit up and realise I'm on the sofa, next to Danny. I guess we must have fallen asleep at the end of the movie, because I remember Saffron nodding off on my shoulder.

"Morning, sleepyhead." speak of the devil, Saffron's walking over to me with a plate of pancakes, "The sugar, lemon and maple syrup is on the table." This is good. I haven't had pancakes for breakfast in ages. I get up and go to sit at the wooden table. Tom and Harry are also sat down, pouring syrup on their pancakes. I opt for the Nutella that Saffron failed to mention was also there, and top it off with a squirt of whipped cream. I pick my phone up and take a picture of Instagram:

@idougahole: The breakfast of champions. We wouldn't be having this if @ItsDannyJones was awake, because, unfortunately, he is not a champion.

I post the picture to my followers and then check twitter to make sure it's linked up properly. It is, of course, but I get hooked scrolling through my feed, as does everyone else, so the only sound we hear for a bit is the occasional tapping of screens, and us all chewing our pancakes. After a while, a steaming mug that has the distinct aroma of coffee is put in front of me, and I look up to thank Saffron, and see that her mug has a pile of whipped cream on it. I look at her questioningly,

"Hot chocolate." she answers my unspoken question. I raise an eyebrow, "I'm not a fan of coffee."

"What?" I hear a very northern voice ask. We turn around to see Danny approaching us, "How can you not like coffee?"

"Of course that'd be the first thing you'd say to us. No good morning, no 'how are you?'" Harry says, turning around to face him.

"Sorry." Danny replies, "Morning everyone. Do I smell pancakes?"

"Hello Danny, and yes it is pancakes." Saffron answers, placing a plate in front of him as he sits down.

Soon, we're ready to leave, but we've got one last thing to do before we walk out of Saffron's door. She's set up her laptop and is opening skype to call her parents.

"Ready?" I ask, sitting down next to her and putting my arm around her shoulders.

"Yeah, I'm just a bit nervous is all." Saff replies, and she presses call.

Her mum answers quickly,

"Hello Saffron, dear! How are you?" she asks, then sees us in the background, "Oh! Hello! You're McFly, right? Saffy's friends?" we nod.

"Yep, that's us." Tom says, sitting down on the sofa next to Saffron and I.

"Anyway, mum, I called to ask you something." Saffron says, bringing us back to the meaning behind our call.

"Of course, dear. But I do think I know what you're going to say." Mrs Goode says, raising an eyebrow,

"Really? What?" Saffron challenges,

"You want to ask for our permission to stay away from university for another year to work on music and tour with the band."

"How did you know?" Saffron is stunned, along with the rest of us,

"Honey, music is all you've ever wanted to do, and it's pretty clear you're going to be on this next album, so probably touring is the next step. And I'm pretty sure Universal Records is raring to go to get your contract drawn up." It's official. Mrs Goode is the best person ever.

"Does that mean you'll let me do it?" Saffron asks in astonishment, her eyes gleaming,

"Of course, sweetheart, you've got a career knocking on your door! We're not going to take that away from you." her mum answers, smiling like there's no tomorrow.

"Thank you Mummy! I love you!" Saffron shares her mother's smile. She tells her mum to tell Dad she loves him and hangs up the call.

"I CAN STAY!" she shouts, and we envelop her in the biggest hug, jumping up and down.

This year will be the best year ever. We're going to record an album, go on tour and, best of all, do it with our best friend whilst getting her a record deal. And, of course, we're playing the prank of the century on the press.

"Nothing's going to stop us now!" Tom shouts.

We finally get round to leaving Saffron's house about half an hour later, and I've had a pretty good idea, if I do say so myself. Saff's been talking about getting a place in London, but anywhere near any of us is pretty bloody expensive, and she won't be able to afford it until she gets that deal, which might not be for a little while. So I ask her,

"Hey Saffy?"

"Yes Doug?"

"You know you where looking at places in London?"

"Oui."

"I was thinking, my house is quite big, and I've got a spare bedroom, plus a room I do nothing with, so I was wondering if you'd like to move in with me?" Saffron, Tom, Danny and Harry all stop and turn to face me.

"Did you just say that Dougie? Because if you did, I will seriously love you forever."

"Yup."

"Oh my God, thank you, thank you, thank you!" Saffron squeals as she runs to give me a hug.

"No problem, it gets a bit lonely anyway. Plus, it just adds fuel to the Saffie fire."

We arrange for Saffron to move in the day after her birthday, because we'll all come down to Brighton to celebrate, so we'll probably be here overnight too. It's the 24th of July today, so it's pretty short notice, but Saffron thinks she can get everything packed up in a week, it's only a small flat.

"See you in a week guys! Love you!" Saffron yells as she waves us off. Tom's driving, so I just sit back and relax the whole way home.

A/N. Sorry it's a little shorter than usual, I think, but only a little bit. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and please vote and comment and please check out my other story! I'm asking people which celebrities they'd like to see in h