Chapter 13- Obviously

Please read the A/N at the end for a bit of an update! Thank you!

Saffron's POV

We're a couple of days into our trip now, and there's a lot of suspicion gathering in mine and McFly's fandoms. Well, mostly the Galaxy Defenders, there's a lot more of them, and I've got to say, they're so nice! If I didn't know the Hopefuls, I would probably say that they're the most lovely and kind and loyal fans I've ever come across. I get floods of tweets every day asking me if Dougie and I are actually a thing, none of which I can ever reply to sadly. That's another thing, I've gained a load of followers and subscribers on YouTube, and I filmed a video with the boys when we covered their song 'No Worries', which is one of my favourites of their's.

"Guys! Shall we record Obviously?" Tom shouts up the stairs. The rest of us are all in Harry's room, we're devising new ways we can trick the media, because the fans have got the idea, but we're not 100% sure about the press.

"Yeah! We'll be right down!" I shout back.

"We will, will we?" Dougie asks, raising an eyebrow. I grin and prepare myself for the worst,

"Do you want a demo of what will be the best song on your album or not?" I reply cheekily. Dougie smiles and runs straight at me, ticking me and we both fall onto the bed.

"Dougie! Stop it!" I shout, only to notice that Harry has his phone out and is recording. "Dude! Really?" I ask, acting annoyed for the camera. He quickly posts it to instagram before I can get to him with the caption: '@juddymcfly: Sombody's done something to annoy @idougahole. @saffysaff' Both mine and Dougie's phone ping at about the same time.

"Guys?!" Tom shouts again,

"Oh yeah, that's what we were gonna do." Dougie says nochalontaly, "Shall we record this then?" he asks, grinning evily at me. I shake my head at him as he walks through the door, but inevitably follow him. I mean, I do want to record this demo!

**************************************************************************

"Right, I'm set up, we just need to record it!" Tom says, stepping back from fiddling with the microphone. Dougie and I are both without our basses, as it's an acoustic demo, so all we'll have is Tom and Danny playing guitar, and I think Harry's got a maraca or something.

"Let's get started!" Danny shouts. And we do. About ten times. Recording demos with McFly is hard work. We will've just started, and it will be looking great, but then somebody will mess up, or come in at the wrong time, or Tom will stop and turn around to check Dougie knows his harmonies.

Eventually, we finish the track and we're actually quite happy with it.

"I think I was right in saying this will be the best song on your album." I tell Dougie smugly, and he shakes his head at me disbelievingly, but doesn't disagree. Danny takes a picture of the rest of us all sitting on the sofa, with the camera and microphone, and tweets and instagrams it with the caption: '@ItsDannyJones: Just recorded a pretty spectacular demo with this lot! Look out for it on the next album ;)'  he tags us in the photo, and you can see me and Doug are looking unusually close.

About an hour later, we sit down for dinner, and I get a facetime call from Sophia, which I answer and put at the end of the table so we can all see her.

"Hi Soph!" I say, excited to see my best friend again. We haven't spoken since Tom's birthday party, which is quite unusual for us. The boys have started to get to know Sophia quite well too, which is good for both of us, as I get the feeling I'll only be spending more time with them.

"Hey everyone!" Sophia says from the end of the table, "How are you all?" We reply with lots of exclamations of what a good day we've had recording the demo, "I know!" she says, "I saw it on twitter, but that's not why I called."

"Why? Apart from to see my beautiful face, of course." Dougie asks,

"Well there's a lot of gossip going round about you two at the moment," Sophia grins, nodding at myself and Dougie, which immediately makes us all burst out laughing,

"We didn't tell you! I forgot!" I manage to force out between giggles, making Sophia look very confused,

"We're trying to convince everyone that, like, we're..." Dougie explains, gesturing between the two of us, "...a 'thing'."

"Well if Soph's fallen for it, we've got this sewn up." I say, nodding at her. Sophia is now in fits of laughter on my phone screen.

"That's all I wanted to know, I'll leave you to your, what's that?" she squints at our plates of spaghetti carbonara, "Pasta. Lewis and I are going out tonight. Bye!" she hangs up the call just as I pick my phone up from the end of the table.

"Who's Lewis?" Harry asks curiously,

"Oh yeah! I forgot you hadn't met Lewis yet." I say, twirling my spaghetti around my fork, "He's mine and Sophia's best friend, we've known him pretty much as long as we've known each other. But... I feel like something might be going on... if you know what I mean." I continue, wiggling my eyebrows. The boys nod and we all carry on eating.

After dinner, we're all sitting in the lounge, watching Back To The Future, when Harry asks,

"So when do you think we'll be able to get this album done?"

"I dunno," Tom answers, "Chances are, we'll have all the songs we need by the end of this trip, so I reckon we might be done by the end of the year, so we can tour in March and April." the rest of them nod, and I suddenly feel a bit awkward, because I won't be touring with them.

"Hey, Saffron!" Tom suddenly says, sounding very excited,

"Yes Thomas?" I ask, curious,

"Why don't you come on tour with us? I mean, it'd be good to have you for Obviously, and you could be a support act! The recordd label love you, and the fans do too." I'm absolutely elasted, they want me to come with them! The rest of the band are nodding, I get the feeling they've talked about this before,

"Have you talked about this already?" I inquire, but I already kind of know the answer,

"Maybe..." Dougie replies, smiling at me, "Fletch says it's a good idea, and I think he's talking to the record label about it whilst we're away."

I jump up and we have a bit of a group hug. These boys are slowly becoming some of my best friends, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

A/N. Been a while, hasn't it?  I'm sorry, I just haven't had the motivation to do much. I've been neglecting my other story and my blog too, which I hate doing.

Anyway, I want to ask if any of you are talented enough to make a cover for this story, because I really don't like the one I've got right now. It just needs to have the title of this story on it, the rest is up to you! If you can, please tweet it to me, @NeveAtkinson22, thank you so much!

Neve x