Chapter 9- Star Girl

Saffron's POV

Right, I'm getting scared now, I'm following McFly's set list, and there's only one song left until Star Girl! They've just finished Surfer Babe, and are about to play Transylvania, one of my favourites of theirs. When Dougie starts singing the chorus, the crowd goes wild, he really is a brilliant singer, his voice has matured since they originally released this track. You can tell he finds it hard to hit the top notes, I could hear it in rehearsal, so he's developed a way he sings the track live, and it sounds so much better than the original studio version, which goes for everything else. McFly are so much better live.

"Whasssup?!" Dougie shouts at the end of the song, whilst Tom and Danny take a swig from their water bottles. "How are you doing, London?" Dougie asks to screams in reply. Harry turns to the side of the stage from his drum kit, and winks at me, letting me know they know I'm next.

"Hi guys!" Tom grins into his mic, "As some of you might know, we've been staying at our hotel with a specific someone these past couple of days." a loud cheer erupts from the crowd, and I walk out in front of everyone...

I'm so nervous! Of course, I've done some gigs before, but never on this scale! What if they don't know who I am? What if they hate my music? What if they hate ME? All of this runs through my mind as I step out from behind the curtain, but suddenly it all vanishes as I walk up to the boys, bass in hand. It feels like I'm home, like I belong here. I realise I didn't need to worry about people not knowing who I am, the screams coming from the audience make it clear they know exactly who I am, and that they're actually excited that I'm here!

"Hello London!" I shout into the microphone, giggling at how weird, but awesome that was.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Miss Saffron Goode!" Danny shouts.

"Hi Saff," Doug grins at me,  

"Hello Douglas," I say distastefully, jokingly hooking the bra that hung from his mic stand on my pinky finger. Dougie slaps my hand and puts it back in the stand.

"You up for some music, Saffie?" Tom asks,  

"Hell yes!" I shout as we start to play the intro to Star Girl, and the crowd goes wild.

Hey! Tom sings

I'm looking up at my star girl

I guess I'm stuck in this mad world

There's things that I wanna say

But you're a million miles away!

And I was afraid when you kissed me

On your intergalactical frisbee

I wonder why, I wonder why

You never asked me to stay

Ooooh ooooh ooooh Dougie and I sing

Yeah, you know the rest....

Galaxy Defenders stay forever!                                                                                      Never get enough of you!    Tom and I finished in harmony, and cheers erupted from the crowd. It turns out I had nothing to fear, they really like me, and the way I sing! Suddenly, I realise it's just me and Doug on stage, it's Les Mis time!

"Hey Saff," Dougie asks, "Where did the other three go?"  

"I don't know," I reply, "Probably needed to take a toilet break."    I think the crowd knows where this is going,