Chapter 4- Smile

Saffron's POV

2 Months Later...

Today it's Carrie's birthday and we're having a little celebration. Being in Les Mis, she can't go out tonight, so we're having a 'lunch gathering' for friends and family. Not a proper sit-down meal, but not a party either. Over the past couple of months, me, Carrie, Emma and Dodie have become really good friends, along with Pete, Luke and Tom Law, who Dodie introduced me to. They're all going to be at Carrie's house today, so we should just have an awesome time.

'I love her house!' I think as I approach the front door. I knock twice an wait, knowing I'm a bit late. Then the door opens, and TOM BLOODY FLETCHER is standing inside. Well, how was I not expecting this? He is Carrie's brother.

"Hey, Saffron, right?" He asks, smiling,

"Yeah, that's me." I reply, hoping I don't sound or look as nervous as I feel.

"Carrie showed us some of your YouTube videos, I love your music!"

"Really?" I ask, shocked that a member of my all-time favourite band just complimented me on my music.

"Yeah, it's awesome! Wait, where are my manners, come in!" I smile at him, glad that he's invited me in from the cold.

"SAFFRON!" Carrie shouts, and wraps me in the most enormous hug that has ever been given, smothering me with her hair.

"Carrie... Can't breathe... Hair..." I manage to choke out. She releases me, looking almost worried,

"Oh crap, I didn't hurt you did I?" she asks, panicking,

"Carrie, I'm fine. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I shout, and present her with a gift-wrapped box. She carefully peals the paper off, and takes a peek inside the box,

"Saffron! You did not!"

"I did." I grin at her.

"What is it?" Luke asks.

"A NEW UKULELE!" Carrie squeals. Tom looks at me and says,

"You know, I bought her the first one."

"Great minds think alike, I guess." I reply, smiling. Then I hear another voice, with a Bolton accent, say,

"Great minds? Why wasn't I included in this conversation?"

"Because, Danny, you don't have a great mind." Another voice, dripping with sarcasm, replied. I looked up to see Danny Jones, Harry Judd and Dougie Poynter laughing at each other.

"Who owns the so-called 'great minds' then?" Dougie asked.

"Me and Saffron." Tom retalliated smugly.

"Saffron?" The other three asked in unison,

"Saffron Goode?" Harry asked, by himself this time.

"That's me." I smiled,

"Oh... Hi" Dougie greeted me, scratching his ear, (he's so sweet!) "It's cool to meet you, I love your music."

"I do too!"

"And me!" What is this? All of McFly just told me that they love MY music? What?!

Dougie's POV

Saffron Goode?! I love her! It's bloody hard to play it cool, she's so nice on YouTube, and an incredible musician. The boys know I have a bit of a crush on her, I can feel their grins as I greet her.

"Why are we all gathered by the door?" a feminine voice asks, "Oh, hi Saffron!" Giovanna greets, "It's awesome to see you again!"

"You too!" squeals Saffron (A/N Check me and my alliteration out. There's a specific name for Ss but I can't remember it)They know each other?

"You guys know each other?" asks Tom,

"Yeah, we met at a meeting with our publishers a couple of weeks back." replies Gi.

"SAFFRON?!? A BOOK?!" Emma shouts,

"It's just something that might be happening." Saffron says sheepishly. I find the courage to speak up,

"I'm sure if it does happen, it'll be awesome." Saffron looks up at me and smiles,

"Thanks Dougie!"  

"Enough with the small talk. LET'S PARTY!" Pete screams, and we all laugh.

A few hours later...

I'm sat on a beanbag in Carrie's room, when Saffron and Carrie burst in, laughing.

"Hi Doug!" Carrie giggles, "We're gonna film a video, wanna be in it?" They both look so hopeful and happy that I have to agree. We decide to do a cover of McFly's somg Transylvania, because they want to make me sing a bit, so I'm not the quiet one in the corner 'like I always am' apparently. It ends up being a lot of fun, and with me promising to be in a video of Saffron's sometime soon.

"Great!" Saffron exclaims, and we high five.

"CARRIE! TOM AND GI ARE GOING!" Mrs Fletcher shouts from downstairs,

"COMING MUM!" Carrie replies, "Do you two wanna come say bye?"

"Obviously!" Saffron and I sing together, and then burst out laughing. We all gallop down the stairs and jump on Tom and Gi,

"Byeeeeee!" I laugh.

"AHH!" Tom screams, "Aren't you coming with,Doug?" he asked,

"Nahhh, I'm seeing Carrie in Les Mis later, remember?" I say cheerily,

"Really? Me too!" Saffron says and we fist bump.

"Hey Saff, we've gotta stay in touch, what's your number?" Tom gives Saffron his phone, she types her number in and snaps a silly selfie.

"There you go!"

"Thanks, I'll text you." Tom smiles.

"Text us her number, will you mate?" Danny asks, gesturing to himself and Harry, "It was sweet getting to know you, Saffron, we've gotta have a music session sometime soon."

"Too right!" Saffron grins, and they hug.

"Bye everyone!"

"See ya!" they chorus, and my bandmates walk out the door.

A/N Volia! McFly! I hope you're enjoying. I know it's a bit crap, but it is my first story. Byee!!

Neve x