Ironic

"Jenna Harp? How did you get here from America? Do you care to come back with me, so we can talk?" A detective said, in an Italian accent. I looked at Enzo and he nodded. "You'll be taken well care of, isn't that right?" The detective froze, but quickly relaxed. "That's right."
       I followed the detective, to the end of the hallway and took a left into an office. "Please, have a seat. I'm   Lorenzo." He said as he closed the door behind me. My clothes were still damp as I seen he noticed. Lorenzo grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around me. "We will get you some new clothes. So, can you tell me how you managed to get here?" I sighed, still shaking thinking about everything. " I was at a bar, and I called and a cab. That's how it started." I told Lorenzo every detail I could think of. "There's three people, at least, after me! You have to help me! You have to get me back! Find them!"
"Calm down, Jenna. We will find them. I will have my men find them and bring them justice. You're safe now. I promise." I should feel safe in a police station, but seeing how Nick and Jace managed to bring me to Italy, anything was possible at this point. As I tried to calm down, Enza knocked on the office door. "Do you think you'll be able to find these men." Lorenzo took a deep breath. "We know his name is Nick Hardin. All we know of the other is his name is Jace." Enzo's face turned dark. "Nick Hardin, you say?"
        "Do you know him?" I said. My fears instantly came back, and I found it hard to catch my breath. Enzo sighed. "Lorenzo, she's coming with me for now. I know who these men are. She'll be safe with me." I shook my head. "I am not going ANYWHERE with anyone who knows them! You can't let me go with him, Lorenzo! He will take me back. I can't!" I though I could trust Enzo, but now I know I can't.
"Jenna. Bella. Please. You have to trust me. I will explain everything I know. I'm not going to let them get near you again. I promise."
       "Lorenzo, please!" I begged the detective to let me stay here. Lorenzo glanced at me before sighing and giving Enzo a hard glance. "I'm sorry Miss Harper. Enzo will be able to keep you more safe than we will be able to." I slammed my fists on the table. "You're the police! How can this man keep me more safe than the police?! Why are you letting this man tell you what to do?!" Tears began forming because I knew I would soon be returned to one of these dangerous men.
       "Lorenzo, can you give us a few minutes? I need to talk to Jenna, alone." Lorenzo nodded, and left the office. "Please. Don't do this. They'll kill me." Enzo sat down in a chair beside me. "I know. That's why you will be coming with me, Bella. I know these men. They worked for me over in the States. They told me they had some personal business to take care of. I had no idea that this was their "personal business". I do not approve of this, and they will not get away with it, neither."
         "How ironic YOU find me, after I escaped. You think I'm dumb enough to go with you, when you work together?! Hell no. I will stay right here and find a way back to America." Enzo grabbed my hand firmly. "They will pay for what they done to you, Jenna. They run drugs and illegal weapons for me. They told me they had taken someone who had stolen drugs from them. They had then escaped. Yes, I was looking for someone, but I never would have imagined it would've been someone as beautiful as you. Knowing they had lied, and hurt someone innocent. There will be a price to pay. Jenna, I trained these men. They are smart. You are only going to be safe with me, until they appear."
         "What would you have done if you thought I had stolen these drugs?" Would he have killed me instantly? Without any questions. I was trying to stop the tears, but fear and anger did not allow it. "I know what these men are capable of doing. I would've returned you no questions asked, and let them take care of you." I finally decided to look into his eyes. "How did you know I wasn't that person? They had to of described me to you."
         Enzo looked down before returning eye contact. "I knew who I was looking for. You fit the perfect description, but when I looked into your eyes." He smiled and sighed. "I knew something was not right. You did not look like someone who knew the first thing about selling drugs. I seen the terror in your eyes, and I knew. I just wanted to get the story."
        "So, you knew I was who they were looking for, and you still brought me to the police station?" I was confused as to him helping me still. "I knew it was the only way to get your story. Jenna, I need you to come with me. Once we get rid of them, you'll be able to return home." I shook my head. "I still don't believe you. I'm staying here."
       Enzo let go of my hand. "I'm not going to force you, Jenna, but I can't promise you protection."  I kept my eyes on the floor. "I will be fine. I can do this on my own. Thank you for getting me this far though. You don't understand how much I appreciate it." Enzo knelt down and kissed my cheek. "Please. Be careful. I will try to find them first." Enzo left, and I was left in the office sobbing wondering what to do next. I did not think I could trust Enzo. He could be saying the sweet things like Nick and Jace do.
          I have gotten this far. I will find a way home.