This is the End

"Dumbass." That's all that could come out of my mouth. "What was that, sweetheart?" Nick said as he lifted me up by my arm. I could see Nick was angry, but delighted to see me. If I thought my life was over then, it's really over now. I'm dead. Why the hell did Jace think he could really succeed in getting away from Nick? I don't even think it was 48 hours and he had already tracked us down.
        "I know you probably think I'm mad at you, just know that I'm not. At all." I kept my head low and refused to look at him as he lead me back to where I had desperately run away from.   "I know Jace manipulated you. He does that to a lot of girls." My heart dropped. "I thought he only helped you as like a guard?"
       Had Jace actually been apart of this the whole time? So, I wasn't the only girl he had done this too. "He said he was going to protect you from me, right? He said I was going to kill you. Which was never the plan. I don't even enjoy gripping your arm like this." Nick then dropped his grip on my arm.
       "I know I messed up, alright? I should have just found you and talked to you like a normal person, but I was stupid and feared rejection." What had happened? Nick seemed like a whole different person. He didn't seem so....psychotic? Then again, he still had the gun in his hand.
      "I promise after this is all over today, things will be different between us." I just kept quiet the whole time, still afraid to say anything. "Jace has killed women, Jenna. More than me actually. He's killed more people than I can ever imagine." Tears from fear. From regret. From disgust.
     I kissed Jace. Who was no better and seemed to be worse than even Nick. "Hey, don't cry." We paused from the walk, and he turned me to face him. Nick gently lifted my chin up to look at him. "Everything is going to be okay, I promise." Nothing was ever going to be ok. Not now, not ever. "Can we please just be quiet? I don't feel well." I spoke quietly. "Of course."
      "I don't wanna see what's going to happen though. Please don't make me." I said as we arrived closer to the house. "You're the only way we will find him." I knew one of them was going to die today, and it was beginning to get dark. "No." I stopped following him. Nick turned around and scoffed. "You think I wanna do this either? Jace was like a brother to me. How do you think I feel?"
       "How do you think I feel?! I did not ask to be here! With either of you! Yet, here I am! I don't want to be any part of this! You two can do your thing. I don't think I could handle seeing what is going to happen next..." and with that I walked away.
     I heard a gun cock and I froze. Tears were flowing at this point and I knew Nick was going to shoot. "Cmon Jenna. We're going in the house." I turned around to see Nick with the gun pointed in the air. It wasn't pointed at me like I thought. It was to get my attention. "Please..." I said in a whisper. Out of the corner of my eye, I seen Jace near the house. Oh god. Why couldn't he just run? Move on to some other girl?
      It was as if Nick knew he was close, because he grabbed me quickly and held me closely in front of him. He acted as if he didn't like hurting me, but here Nick was again hurting me. So many thoughts were running through my mind. The one thing I couldn't get out of my mind was Jace. I had kissed him and turns out, he was worse than Nick. How stupid was I? Even though I had no plans on being with either one of them, I let my guard down. I put my trust in Jace.
      "You're hurting me, Nick." I cried out as his grip tightened. He held the gun against my head as he pushed me towards the house. "It's a part of the plan. Have to be convincing. Open the door, love."
      "Jace! Come out now! I won't hesitate to hurt her!" Nick said. Silence.  "He left, Nick. There's no way he's here and hasn't come out." Even though I had just seen him, I was hoping Jace had left or wouldn't come out. I don't want to witness a murder. "Jace I'm gonna count to three." Nick pushed me to my knees where I sat execution style.
     I know I've said this was the end MULTIPLE times, but this was really it.
I heard him get to two, and then the finally number. Everything went black as I heard the gun go off.