Freedom

I jumped up and stood on the opposite end of the couch Jace was at. "Let's just talk about this. I can explain what's going on, love." I already know what's going on, dumbass. I desperately wanted to say that out loud, but knew it was a horrible idea. "You stay right there. And explain."
I knew I had to act dumb to get him to still trust me. "Okay...okay.." he put his hands up on defense. "Who was that guy? Said his name was Alex on the tv." Have let out a sigh. "That was Alex, your best friend. He worked at a bar you used to go to."
      I sighed. Hope I can play my way through this. "Why are they saying I'm missing?" "Do you remember when I told you about him having you at gunpoint?" I nodded. Let's see what bullshit you can come up with this time. I noticed he started moving slowly towards me, trying not to be noticed. "Don't move. Just talk." I said acting annoyed. "Well, he had taken you. I came after you, and he wanted me dead. I hid so I could attack him. I wanted to save you. I've kept you in hiding so he won't hurt you, again. I couldn't risk it."
     "Bullshit!" I could not contain the anger. I needed to let it out without him knowing I've found out. "You've done something! Or I've done something to piss you off maybe! That's why I'm here! Is there even a Nick?!" Jace's face hardened at Nick's name.
     "I get it you can't remember, but don't be doubting me when I'm doing nothing but trying to protect you! I love you!" I began crying. This'll work hopefully.  "No. No. No. Don't cry." Jace began tiptoeing towards me.
        "Stay. Away. From. Me." When he didn't, I did the only thing I knew to do. Run. I went towards the back door, and it was unlocked. I only had one place to go. Into the forest. "Jenna! Please come back. Stop running away from me!" My adrenaline was high. Higher than it had ever been. I looked back and seen Jace getting smaller and smaller.
I kept running until I no longer seen him. I was glad I got away, but now was out of breath. I knew I needed to find somewhere to hide for awhile at least until I know he's passed by. I managed to find a huge log that I could fit into easily. I grabbed some moss so I could cover the hole quickly. I slightly panicked over the bugs inside, but knew it was a way better idea than getting caught.
I sat in silence praying that he wouldn't outsmart me. I steadied my breath waiting to hear him. "I can't find her. She ran from him, and I seen her come this way. Yes, I'm making sure he don't know I'm here. She won't be hurt. I'll be sure she's returned to you safely." It was unknown voice having a conversation on a phone. I hadn't realized I had stopped breathing. Who was out there? I'm gonna assume he's after me, but why? For who? Who wants me returned safely and why are they avoiding Jace?
"Shit." I heard the unknown voice whisper and then I hear footsteps fading away quickly. Soon after, I heard footsteps coming closer to my location. Please, don't find me. I kept saying in my head. "Jenna? Come on. Let me explain everything to you. I know you're out here." Jace yelled in anger. Then I heard him whisper, "I just hope they don't find her first."
        Who was after me besides Jace? As far as I knew, Nick was dead. Was it someone coming to save me? Had someone finally found a lead and tracked me down? I had a glimpse of hope that maybe that person was here to save me. I couldn't be too ecstatic, though. What do I do? I was taking a risk either way getting out of this log, but I couldn't stay here forever.
I took a deep breath, and decided after a couple of minutes to get out. I peeked out and didn't see any one, which was a relief. I decided to keep walking briskly. I still didn't see or hear anyone. This was it.
I walked for awhile and was beginning to get tired when I seen what looked like a main road. I smiled big.
I'm finally going to be free.