I Knew

"Please. No!" I begged in barely a whisper. I stopped fighting. I could barely breathe at this point. I had been kidnapped and hit, but I was terrified at what he was going to try next. "What? So, now? Now, you wanna stop? Once you've pushed me too far?" I knew damn well I should have kept my mouth shut. Why can't I just stay calm so I can actually maybe escape. Who am I kidding? Even if I somehow escaped here, Nick would find me. There was no telling what he might do to me either.
            I just laid there as he still had me held down. I remained silent. I knew in my mind what he was going to do, and if I fought, it would be that much worse. "Gorgeous?" Nothing. I felt him relax and then sigh. "I'm sorry. I really am. I wasn't going to do what you thought I was. I shouldn't have lost my shit, when I know you are just worried about Nick finding us." I remained silent, still avoiding looking at Jace.
       He got off me and walked out. I did not hear the door click. It was unlocked! I knew I had to wait a little while before opening it, because who knew where he would be. I had to give him a little time to go find something to do.  I'll go and take a shower and maybe find some clothes so he doesn't get suspicious.
       I opened a closet before I got in and was speechless. It was the closet of my dreams! Everything was organized and was almost the same size as my room! I smiled for a split second before remembering how I got it. There was so much anger and hurt built up inside, but I decided not to act upon it and alert him. I grabbed undergarments, blue long sleeved v-neck, and pair of acid washed bootcut jeans, and some cheetah print sneakers. I went to the bathroom and it was just as amazing as the one Nick had for me. I quickly washed myself and got out. I dried my hair and put it in a bun. Didn't need it getting in the way of my plan, did I? I done a smoky eye with blues and browns, and topped it off with a matte nude lipstick. I got dressed and sat on the bed for a few minutes.
     Then it hit me hard. How stupid Can I be? I don't even know where we are. How was I going to escape? Hell, at this point, I didn't care. I was probably gonna for either way. At least die fighting, right? I took a deep breathe. "I can do this."
         I quietly opened the door and looked around. No one. Thank goodness. I crept down the hallway and made sure he was no where around and tiptoed down the stairs. I froze when I heard his voice.
     "How the fuck did you get my number?! Jenna is mine! Got it?! I will hunt you down myself. I won't wait for to find me!" Shit. Shit. Shit. I'm dead. I made it to the bottom and looked around the corner and seen his back was turned. The front was just footsteps away. I went for it.
       To my surprise it was unlocked and I made a run for it. I went into the woods and didn't look back. Hearing the one word was all it took for me to step up my pace. "Jenna!!!!" His voice was different this time. He was already angry and I just made it worse. There was no turning back now.
       I had no idea where I was or where I was going. I just knew that if I stopped, my life was gonna be ended in the hands of Jace. It was then I heard a truck. Fuck me. There's no way! I ducked down behind a bush, praying he didn't see me or could hear me.
      "I knew I'd get you back." My heart stopped at that moment. "No. How?" Nick smiled with a gun in his hand. "Let's go find Jace, love. I knew you didn't really wanna be with him." My eyes stayed locked on Nick's. I told you Jace. Dumbass. Now we're all gonna die.