Chapter 6

After college, I got in my motorbike and went straight to work.

However, before I started I went and got changed into my work clothes.

"El, come on your shifts starting!" My Boss shouts from outside the backroom of the pub.

"I'm coming," I tell him as I walk out and behind the bar to see the place has got pretty busy.

"Hey Billy the usual?" I ask the old guy that comes in the pub for a pint or two every night.

"Yes please, and whatever you're having El," he says as he gives me his money.

"Aww thanks," I smile as I give him his change before pulling him a pint, "there you are."

"How was college today?" Billy asks as I serve another customer.

"It wasn't too bad I guess, but luckily today was a good day," I nod, "how's your day been?"

"As it usually is," he sighs, "tomorrow will be different, me and and Daisy are going to our Granddaughters birthday party," he smiles.

"Aww well wish her a happy birthday from me," I smile over at him.

"I will," he nods.

**********

"So, what happened with that job interview? Did it go well?" Billy asks as I stay stood in front of him behind the bar as we talk.

"The job interview didn't happen," I sigh.

"Why not?" He frowns.

"I got into a fight in the waiting room," I say before giving a quick smile.

"How does that happen?" He chuckles.

"Some lass from a while back who has a grudge against me was there one things lead to another and now she's in hospital with two broke ribs and a few cuts and bruises," I explain making him burst out into laughter, "Billy it's not that funny, you're taking this better than I thought you would," I frown.

"It's that young mans face I'm laughing at," he says as he looks over to someone, "how surprised he looks by what he just heard," he says.

Frowning I look over to who Billy is laughing at and I see none other than Mr Knight, who is looking at me in surprise, just as Billy said. Great.

"Could have told me," I mutter to Billy and he just shrugs whilst still laughing.

Smiling I walk over to be stood in front of Mr Knight behind the bar.

"Mr Knight what can I get you?" I smile.

"I'll have a pint please," he side smiles, looking at him for a few seconds I then start to pull a pint for him, "I didn't think I'd see you here," he says to me as I place his pint in front of him as he hands me exact change.

"Why not?" I frown as I put the money in the till.

"I thought you'd be home revising or out with friends," he says before taking a sip of his pint.

"I do everything I can to not have to go home," I scoff with a roll of the eyes, "and most of my friends have jobs anyway so I rarely see them outside of college," I explain.

"Oh," he sighs, "do you not like going home?"

"It's the last place I'd ever want to go," I nod.

"Why?" He frowns.

"Because it's like living in hell," I sigh with a slight smile.

"I meant what I said today, you can talk to me if you ever need someone to talk to," he reassures me.

"I know thank you," I smile as I walk over to serve someone else.