Chapter 44

Danny's POV. (Jamie^^^^)

Sitting at the bar on my own drinking a fresh orange I watch Elizabeth as she walks out of the kitchen with four plates of food one in each hand and one on both arms.

Billy isn't at the pub because he's out having a meal with Daisy so I'm sat on my own until Elizabeth gets her break, which I doubt will be any one soon because for some reason it's busier than it usually is.

As she walks back towards the kitchen she looks over at me and smiles that heart stopping smile and I smile back but then she disappears into the kitchen again.

Why do I stay here at the pub whilst Elizabeth works? Because I'd much rather be watching her than anything else. It's become my favourite hobby actually. Some people like going to the gym, some people like bird watching, some people like playing gold, me.....I love watching Elizabeth.

"You look love struck mate," a more than familiar voice of my childhood best friend Jamie.

"What are you doing here?" I smile as I stand up and give him a bro hug.

"I went around your old place and some other person was living there so I called your parents and they told me you moved out and liked to come here," he explains, "so I went to yours and you weren't there so I came here," he shrugs.

"Well let me buy you a drink yeah?" I say as we both sit down.

"Yeah sure a beer will do," he smiles.

"Babe, get us a beer and another orange will ya?" I smile at Elizabeth.

"Yeah sure," she smiles as she gets a glass out to pull a pint for Jamie before filling a glass up with fresh orange.

Walking over with them she places them down in front of us both before taking the money of me and putting it in the till then handing me my change.

"Waitress!" Someone shouts from one of the tables.

"I'll be back over in a minute," she sighs as she walks around the bar kissing me on the cheek before walking away.

"I want some of that!" Jamie hollers.

"You can have some of that but not with my lady," I warn, "she is mine and mine only."

"Oh so she's your girlfriend your Mum told me about?" He raises his eyebrows.

"What has she told you about her?" I frown.

"That she's a lovely woman and that you both look great together," he shrugs, "and also the fact she's 18 and one of your law students."

"And what are you going to say about it?" I sigh.

"Has she got a friend?" He wiggles his eyebrows.

"Shut up man," I laugh shaking my head.

"Hey," Elizabeth smiles as she places a hand on my back kissing my cheek and then putting her arm over my shoulder as she looks over at Jamie smiling, "who's this?"

"Oh Elizabeth this is Jamie and Jamie this is Elizabeth," I introduce them both.

"Nice to meet you," they both say at the same time as they shake hands.

"So your the girlfriend then?" Jamie raises his eyebrows.

"Yeah and you're?" Elizabeth raises her eyebrows.

"Danny's oldest friend," he tells her.

"Oh right," Elizabeth nods.

"So how long have you two been seeing each other?" Jamie asks pointing at us both.