Chapter 29

Danny's POV

I love shopping with Elizabeth. She's not like how other girls are, she doesn't spend forever looking at clothes or staying in a shop. She takes a quick glance around and if she doesn't like what she sees she carries on.

So far we've been in ten shops and have both bought things from all of them.

"Where to for lunch?" I ask Elizabeth.

I'm thinking you're wondering how we're shopping together when it's possible people we know could see us, well we didn't go to the local town, we drove an hour to go to the big centre a good few miles from where we live.

"I'm really fancying a McDonald's right now," she moans a little.

"Let's go there then," I smile as I put an arm over her shoulder as we make our way to McDonald's.

"What do you want?" I ask her as we walk inside.

"A Big Mac with a tea please," she smiles.

"Right, well go find a seat and I'll get our food," I smile as I kiss her forehead before she takes my bags off me and goes to look for a seat.

**********

Walking around looking for Elizabeth I see her sat at a table next to a window with a group of about four lads her age talking to her from another table.

Since we came into town the amount of men and lads I've seen checking Elizabeth out is unbelievable, they couldn't be making it anymore obvious, and yeah she's drop dead gorgeous and I should know this because she's my girlfriend but when they can clearly see me with her they should have some respect that she's taken and shouldn't be looked at by themselves or other men.

I place the tray down on the table and sit down next to Elizabeth.

"Hey," she smiles leaning over and giving me a quick peck on the lips.

"Anyway we'll leave you be," one of the lads smile.

"It was nice to see you guys again," Elizabeth smiles.

"You too," they all say.

"See you around," the only one with blonde hair smiles and winks at Elizabeth before they all get up and leave me and Elizabeth alone.

"Who are they?" I ask her.

"Some guys from that gang I used to hang with," she tells me as she picks up a chip.

"So why the fuck did you talk to them?" I accidentally snap and she looks at me with a shocked look.

"Don't you dare swear and talk to me like that," she warns me not looking happy at all, "I only talked to them because I sat down and they noticed me and started talking to me, I wasn't going to be rude and ignore them."

"What if they try getting you back in with them? Huh?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Do you really think I'd be that stupid to even think about getting back in with them?" She sighs, "I could be dead right now if I didn't get out when I did, what makes you think I'd go back and risk dying?"

"Nothing, just if you're wanting to keep out then it's best to keep away from anything that's going to pull you back in," I sigh, "listen, in sorry for swearing and talking to you how I did, but I just don't want anything to happen to you."

"You're cute you know," she smiles, "you don't need to worry about me."

"I'm your boyfriend Elizabeth, it's my duty to worry about you," I tell her.

"I know but just don't worry about me until you need to be worried," she giggles.

"Easier said than done," I scoff.