Chapter 1.1

Jamie's POV

The lab session was fun, despite not having enough sleep, our classmates were able to pull off their presentation and our professor was happy. I was given hope that our presentation will be better, I know it will.

Pete proposed that we can just stay in a café while we do our finishing touches because he feels the library is too stuffy for him these days. I couldn't agree more. I needed a change in scenery as I have been cooped up in that study room for far too long.

“Hey I have to tell you something.” Pete uttered while we put our stuff on the table getting ready for our discussion.

“What is it?” I said, curiosity etched on the tone of my voice.

“Before that, let me order first? What will you be having, my treat.” There goes that mischievous smile on his face again. I know that smile and it’s usually up to no good or something that’s a little shocking.

“I’d go for raspberry iced tea today, your call on the pastry.” I answered back.

I fixed our stuff while I waited for him to return to our table. Firing up my laptop and opening it to our presentation file. This better work tomorrow, we’ve been losing sleep on this lab work aside from editing our respective manuscripts.

“Here you go Princess. Raspberry iced tea and chocolate cake, cause I know you're going to complain anyway if I choose another flavor.” Rolling his eyes while he’s at it.

“Thank you, sweet Pete!” I bantered. That has been my pet name for him for quite a while. “Anyway what was that you wanted to tell me?”

“Ah that? Hmm I do not know if I should tell you, being that you get disinterested in things like this.” He stated while trying to bait my curiosity. I know this all too well. Being friends with him for the past two years I’ve picked up and learned some of his behaviors.

“Interested or not, you already baited me so go tell.”

“Remember my friend yesterday, Sean?” He asked cautiously.

“Yes, the guy with a dark set of brows, tall, velvety deep voice, looks good in a suit and has well styled hair and is handsome than average. What about him?”

Pete slightly taken aback with my answer, “I have never heard you describe someone you just met like that. Interesting.”

“Come on Pete spill it, we have some work to do.” Slight irritation etched on my face because he’s looking at me like I just described my ideal guy.

“He asked for your number.”

“Excuse me, what?” I answered after a few seconds of processing what I heard.

“He called me this morning, blabbed about some nonsense stuff as an excuse to get to his point and then mentioned you and asked for your number.”

“Why would he want to get my number?”

“Geez Jamie, have you been so deep in your books and research that you have forgotten what these kinds of things mean? You’re one of the smartest people I know but you can be so dense with these things.” Pete snapping back while rolling his eyes.

My eyes widened slightly upon my realization of what he meant. I mean he could get it for some consultation because we volunteer for the student counseling program, but I just met him yesterday.

“Should I give him your number? It’s your call.”

“I don’t know Pete. Should I?”

“I’ve known him since we were in High School. He is a good guy. I think you will enjoy having conversations with him. Take a leap.”  He stated while smiling like he just realized something grand.

“Okay… if you think so..”

He started typing on his phone after I said that.

“There, I gave him your number. But told him to not text you til later because we are working on our lab presentation. We need to ace this presentation first and then you can ace your love life later.” He said teasingly.

“Shut up!” I know I wanted to sound a bit harsh but that came out a little bit more excited than I wanted it to be. But at the back of my mind, I wondered how will that go?