Chapter Twenty

Dylan

        It’s been a couple of weeks and finally things are back to normal. I moved back into my condo once the New Year came in. Dean didn’t want to let me go but realistically it didn’t make sense for me not to move back into my spot. My mark has been stinging since we’ve been apart and it makes me uncomfortable but I’m still paying for all of the bills here and I’ve gotten pretty good at keeping my wolf under control so there was no excuse to not come home. I did think it was sweet how sad he looked dropping me off though.

Walking down the corridor I see the person I’ve been subtly looking for all day.

“Reed could I talk to you for a second?” I ask sweetly. He’s been moping around to really sell it to Lydia that I’m the devil and it’s been pissing me off severely.

He nods solemnly and follows me into the empty hospital room.

I breathe in through my nose and out through my mouth like Dean taught me, I’m going to need all of my control for this to work.

“What do you want to talk about Dylan?” he asks, sugar falling from his lips his tone is so sickeningly sweet.

I have to fight hard not to blacken his eye. “About us,” I respond, “More importantly about why you would lie to Lydia like you did. I thought we were fine.”

“We are fine. We’ll be even better when I don’t have to see your face every day as beautiful as it may be. See, I knew you had no intention of being with me forever but you couldn’t even stick it out long enough to let me fủck, even after I made you come with every stitch of your clothes on. You can’t honestly think I would let you get away with playing with my emotions like that can you?” he asks, giving me one of those smirks that used to make my stomach feel funny.

My heart rate is sky high and I struggle profusely to lower it. What happened to the sweet caring Reed I used to know? “You can’t be serious,” I start, still trying to give him a chance, “Tell me you’re fủcking with me.”

“I’m not and that’s been the problem,” he retorts, shrugging his shoulders. “Now if you’d like to change that at any time then maybe I’d change what I told Lydia but until that happens I guess I’ll have to keep moping around until you get fired.”

I struggle to find words as he heads to the door to leave. “W-wait,” I stutter out and you can almost hear his smile.

“Yes?” he sings, turning around on a dime.

“Turn off the lights,” I say in a low voice, my expression dejected.

His smile widens as he reaches for the light switch. I keep the saddened look on my face until the lights go out.

I can hear his shoes flop off and a sadistic smile spreads across my face. Closing my eyes to focus my energy I reopen them with new vision. He’s rushing out of his clothes like his life depends on it. It takes everything in my not to laugh when his foot gets caught in the pants leg of his scrubs.

“Where are you?” he asks once he’s naked, “God, it’s dark as hell in here.”

I watch him struggle, waving his hands in front of him as he takes tentative steps around the room. I wait until he gets close to my position by the wall and slide the rolling stool in front of him. With the next step he makes, he trips, making the stool shoot out to the left as he stumbles forward.

He mumbles a curse, bracing himself against the wall. I take my opportunity and step in front of him, sliding my fingers slowly down the side of his face and down his body until I’m gripping his, as much as I hate to admit it, impressive length in my hand.