Chapter Twenty-Six

Dylan

Last night was … I’m speechless. I had no idea sex could feel that good. But maybe it’s just sex with Dean that’s that good. Had I known I would’ve given it up a long time ago to be honest. I think the best part of it all is that the pain didn’t suck as badly as I thought it would. It was one of the things I dreaded most about losing my virginity and it turns out it wasn’t even that big of a deal, just a pinch. I’m sure it had something, or everything, to do with me being a werewolf but either way I’m thankful.

“Hey sexy,” Dean flirts as he comes into the bathroom.

His feet slide across the floor slowly as if he’s still tired. Thinking about it, he probably is since we’ve been wrapped around each other almost constantly since last night. I feel so close to him now. I’m ravenous for him, it’s like since that door’s been opened I can’t close it. I damn sure don’t want to, he makes me feel complete and sexy. Two things I’ve struggled to feel my entire life.    

Dean stops to kiss my neck and then lick my mark. His stubble scratches my skin as he nuzzles my neck, his hands roaming my body softly. I feel him hardening against me and it makes me dampen for him.   

His nostrils flare when he smells my arousal and I know brushing my teeth is going on hold, not that I mind.

*

Finally making our way into clothes and out of the house the walk to the pack house for breakfast is short. Everyone is glad to have me home and Mama Lydia refused to let a day pass without cooking a big meal in celebration. Personally I think she just wanted an excuse to serve up a lot of food. The woman lives to be in the kitchen.

Dean’s fingers intertwine with mine. His huge hand swallows my smaller one but that doesn’t stop him from lifting it to his mouth and planting kisses across my knuckles.

We share a look but neither of us speak, we don’t have to. It’s strange, ever since last night we’ve developed a greater sense of awareness when it comes to the other. Body language and looks are so much more readable. I’m not sure if it’s because we finally physically connected or what but I feel so much closer to him for it.

As soon as we walk through the doors of the dining room all eyes are on us. Smiling faces greet us but the biggest smile has to be from Connor. He genuinely looks excited to see me but more so see Karter and I together. I never thought he cared much either way but it seems he does and it makes me love him even more.

Even though I didn’t see him yesterday he was on my mind so I texted him. We’re having a Netflix marathon today so I’m excited for that. It feels like forever since we last hung out.

“You two are late,” Mama Lydia gripes but taking one look at us she smiles knowingly. “Go on and fix your plates.”

My cheeks burn and I rush into the kitchen with Dean hot on my trail laughing at my embarrassment.

“How does she know?” I whisper, spooning eggs onto my plate.

He shrugs with a laugh, “Could be the Cheshire cat grin on my face or your neck.”

My eyes widen and I grab the nearest silver spoon, taking a look at my neck. Hickeys are all over and my mark is red and inflamed. We must have low lighting at the house because I didn’t see any of this before we left. Then again I didn’t see much of anything while I was bent over the sink.

“You suck,” I fume, throwing the spoon down.

“Apparently. But so do you,” he snickers, biting into a piece of bacon.

I turn to smack him but he runs out of the room with his plate in his hand.

As embarrassed as I am, I can’t help but smile and wear our love wounds proudly. With my head held high I walk into the dining room and take my seat beside Karter who gives me the slightest smirk before diving into his food.