Epilogue

The northwest is freezing and I hate it. Deciding to get as far away from the south as I could, I've been hitchhiking partially but mostly running for what feels like years, sometimes in my wolf form, others as a human. The thought that Derek would hate me for what I tried to do haunts me. I push it away by telling myself what I did, I did for him, in his honor. He was the only person in my life to really ever love me. After he died my parents went into a cocoon, pulling the family in closer, only they left me out. He was their golden boy and my hero, once he was gone I had no one and they had each other. They pulled away from me when I really needed them and for that they can rot. Everyone else who came across my path only took pity on the virtual orphan I had become none of their affections were real.

With all of this alone time I've been trying to figure out where my plan went wrong. A four year plan doesn't just fall apart like that without someone pulling some strings. There's no way Dylan should've been able to turn with the bracelet I gave her on. The anchor was made of moonstone which ironically enough hinders our abilities. I checked to make sure she had it on her wrist before I took her to the mineshaft. Like the good girl she is she was already wearing it, probably never having taken it off.

Thinking of her makes a mix of fire and ice run through my veins. I miss her and yet I hate her at the same time. Had she just let him go we could be together ruling the pack side by side. Envy falls off of me in waves at the thought of her living happily ever after with him. How he got blessed with Dylan is a mystery. He doesn't deserve her. I realize I don't either if I think about it long enough.

Men like me don't have mates because we aren't worthy of them. We're broken, in more ways than any one person can fix. I don't believe that one day I'll meet my mate and she can make it all worth it. I don't believe that she alone can take away the pain, the loss.

Dylan was the only woman who I thought could fix me. She was the only one who really understood, really cared. She may not have been mine but if I could've taken her, she could've learned to love me and maybe I could've learned to love her.

Still, thoughts of her warm me against the cold air and snow surrounding me. The only reason I'm where I am is because of the story she told me about her life before Texas. Her original pack is from this area so I know I'll be amongst my own kind. Maybe with a little luck I can blend in and become a part of a new pack and finally leave my old one and its memories behind me. I'll become someone totally different then maybe someone will love me.

My stomach contracts painfully alerting me it's been too long since I've had food. It's already hard to force my body to move but it only gets harder as I grow hungrier and more tired. My arm has all but healed although without someone to properly set it or food it's taking a bit longer than usual. Painful tremors shoot down the bone at times but the flurry of cold surrounding me has the limb nearly frozen numb.

The idea pops into my head to shift and hunt down a wild animal just to fill my belly but my lack of vigor will make that impossible. I can feel myself slowing to a near crawl. My eyes flutter shut but I force them open upon seeing a cave filled with light not far ahead of me.

I push myself forward with the last of my strength hoping that for once things work out for me. All I need is someone to be there with food maybe a little water, I'll be alright then.

My legs wobble as I stagger towards the opening of the cave but they give out at my next step. I don't even have the energy to brace my fall. I lie there, face down, accepting my fate, finding peace in the fact that I'll finally be with my brother.

Just as I'm giving into the freezing cold snow I hear feet approaching. Every crunch of their feet over the slush brings them a step closer to my position.

The voice I hear shocks me awake. It's as clear as day even over he howl of the wind. 

"Hello young wolf. We've been waiting for you," the voice says calmly.

Before I pass out I dare to look up. I'm faced with a man sporting a pair of silver eyes, pale skin, and a sick smirk right before everything goes black.

***************

Hello my good people!!

I hope yall enjoyed the end of the book! I've been pressed for writing time due to prep for finals as well as being in the process of moving; I'm literally typing this from my floor because my furniture's gone! But back to the book let me know what you guys think about the ending. I wanted to give you a peak into the mental state of #KYLAN but also give you a little smut/cutesy couple stuff lol I know a lot has been left open but don't forget this is a trilogy so Awake 2 and 3 are on the way.

The order so far of book releases is: Weightless, Andrea's Book (still no title yet), Awake 2 (unofficial title), and Awake 3 (unofficial title)

I have a couple of other ideas for books but I think I'll hold off on posting any excerpts or anything until I'm at least done with the Awake trilogy. 

Anywho...

 If you noticed your comment on a past chapter was deleted it's because I want to get rid of any possible spoilers for future readers. I know for me I rage when comments give it away so sorry if your comment got deleted.

On to business....

12,051 reads, 512 votes on Awake, That's 1,946 more reads and 85 more votes since last update. I LOVE you KINGS, QUEENS, and IN BETWEENS that read past the Prologue!

79 reads, 7 votes on Revenge, That's 28 more reads and 5 more votes since last update. I've left Revenge up but it's marked as completed because it'll just be an excerpt! I'm thinking of publishing it so wish me luck :)

2,749 reads, 93 votes on Our Little Secret127 more reads and 1 more votes than last update! Love yall SO much!

2,223 reads, 64 votes on Up In Flames250 more reads and 0 more votes than last time!! Thanks yall!

192 reads, 15 votes on Weightless51 more reads and 3 more votes than last time!! This will be the main story I frequently update now that Awake is finished. I'm really happy about the reception of this story! If you haven't checked it out the 1st and 2nd chapters are up!

I can't thank yall enough!!!!

Me Being A Sap...

Yall it's been a REALLY long road. I started this book over a year ago and we're finally here. I wanted to quit and give up because I wasn't connecting to my characters but seeing yalls amazing comments and support helped me because it forced me to connect, yall were depending on me. In my life if things get too hard I'm quick to quit them so THANK YOU for helping me commit to something. I started out as my only fan and now I have 96 of yall and over 12k reads on what's become one of my favorite books I've ever written. I couldn't be more thankful and I feel so blessed. Thank yall again!!! Kisses x

As for new follower S/O's...

This time we have: touch_of_gold0578, SilentHill43, JayCeeTink,bella_blake, JujuBeed, SierraFoote, emma632roxx, aliciachanel, Soul_Eating_Bunny__, ambntyle, and Drakaneal!!!!

Thanks so much for following and I hope I don't disappoint!

Until Next Time,

WBN