I Love Her

Dr. Jordan's POV

Shawnie follows me into my office.

"Have a seat." I say, pulling a chair out for her. She sits down, then I walk over to the other side of the desk and I take a seat. "He's going to be so happy."

I noticed her watch me as I picked up my office phone, I just smiled.

"Yeah, send Chris down..." I say to one of the counselors.

"He's not scheduled for therapy." I say.

"I know but I scheduled something special." I say, then I look at Shawnie. She was staring at me intensely. Probably was ready to see Chris. I just smile at her. "I'll have him for about an hour."

The person said okay and we hang up. I look at her again and now she's smiling at me. "I'm happy you're here.

"Me too." She says with a smile.

I'm not gonna lie, this woman is gorgeous. I definitely see what Chris sees in her. I don't know her, but I see why he was drawn to her.

"So...he told me you guys are having a baby." I say trying to make small talk until Chris came in.

"Yeah, I'm almost 4 1/2 months." She smiles, putting her hand on her stomach.

"It's a beautiful thing."

"Do you have kids?"

"Me? Nah, It's just me. No kids, no wife, not even a girlfriend." I answer, "I work too much."

"I understand that better than you even know. That was me. Chris doesn't like that I work so much and he's always telling me to take off or at least stop working from home so much."

"I understand where both of you are coming from and I know you can agree with me when I say, my work is all I have right now so I might as well work hard." I say

"Yes, I definitely agree with that."

Just then Chris walks in. He looks at her with a serious face, then walks over to her.

"Baby, what are you doing here?"

"Dr. Jordan asked me to be here, for you." She says smiling, then he smiles and wraps his arms around her.

I could tell he was surprised to see her. It was a good surprise, even though she had just left he missed her tremendously, and she missed him too. If there wasn't so much negativity surrounding their relationship, I would definitely say this was also a beautiful thing, but that isn't the case here.

They eventually pull away from each other. Chris feels her stomach, then he takes a sit next to her.

"So, the reason I asked Shawnie to be here is because I feel you'll be a little more comfortable with what we're going to talk about today."

"Okay." Chris says

"So we've touched on Ms. Roberts, and you guys' relationship in past sessions, but I wanted to go more in depth into the relationship, if that's okay."