Lie To Me

Chris's POV

The next day, the driver drove us about an hour south of Chicago, to the facility I was going to be staying at

The next day, the driver drove us about an hour south of Chicago, to the facility I was going to be staying at. We had just pulled up to the building. It was super early, like 6 o'clock in the morning. I was tired and having second thoughts about this. I don't know how ready for this I am. When I feel myself doubting this, I keep reminding myself by putting my hand on Shawnie's stomach. This baby is what I'm doing this for. I have to be around for him or her.

"Baby, I'm nervous." I say looking over at her.

She puts her hand on mine, "Chris, there's nothing for you to be nervous about. Just think in three short months you will be better than you are today. You'll be clean, and probably a lot more calmer. I know you can finish this program, but you just have to believe it yourself."

"I just feel like it's not going to work." I say

"This will work, but you have to try, and then if this doesn't work, we'll find another way. You can't think like that. You have to believe that you're going to finish and come out better. Chris you're gonna finish his program."

I put both of my hands on her stomach, and I calm myself down a little. This is what I'm doing this for. This is why I need her to be close to me while I'm doing this. I need her to come to me when I'm doubting the process. She's my rock right now, I'm leaning on her one hundred percent.

I take a deep breath and let it out, "Okay, I can do this." I say

"Yes you can babe. The only people who know about this my dad, your mom and your aunt. You're not gonna have any distractions, I'm less than an hour away. If you ever need me to just come by and give you a hug, or anything, I will. We're going to get through these three months, and we're gonna be fine." She assures me.

I hug her tightly for what seems like forever. I pull away and look at her.

"You're going to be fine babe." She leans over and kisses me on the lips, then pulls away.

"Kiss me again." I say, pulling her back to me.

I kiss her and a wave of contentment falls over me. We pull away from each other and she smiles. I put my hood over my head, take my phone out of my pocket and hand it to her.

"As soon as you can, I need you to come back." I say

"Baby just get through the first week. You don't even know if you can have visitors yet." She says

"That's true. I'll call you as soon as I can to update you." He says, putting his hand on my stomach one more time. "I still can't believe you're pregnant."

"When you get out of here, I'll be around 24 weeks and showing."

"I can't wait to get out and experience this with you." I say, removing my hand. "Aight babe."