Stereotype

Shawnie's POV

"You're pregnant?" Dr. Washington asks

I don't say anything, I just nod my head up and down.

"Oh my gosh, okay." She was silent for a minute, "You guys...." She stops and shakes his head, "You two are dangerous...." she smiles, and closes her notebook and sits it on the table. "I'm going to take my therapist hat off, and we're going to have a little chat, woman to woman."

I instantly get nervous, "Okay."

She gets up and walks to the sofa I'm sitting on and takes a seat next to me, "First of all, if you're pregnant you have to tell him."

"I'm scared to." I say

"Why? He doesn't want kids?"

"No, it's not that. He actually does want kids. I just don't know if I want kids. When I first started seeing you, you put me on the anxiety medication, and that interacts with my birth control, therefore I had to stop taking it. When Chris and I started talking again, three months later, I had completely forgotten about that and we had sex that night. I don't necessarily think that that night was the night that got me pregnant, but I haven't had a period since then, but I also don't know how far along I am. I took a few tests and they all came out negative, so I thought I was in the clear but one day,  which was a few days ago, I took a test and it came out positive. So I took another one, and that one came out positive as well."

"Okay, now you need to tell him, and make a doctors appointment."

"There's more to the story." I say

"Go on."

"Um—I'm really nervous about sharing this because there's only one other person who knows about this. So if you could just....go put your little therapist hat back on, and be my therapist, that would be great. I would feel a whole lot better because I know you can't share this information..."

"Oh yeah. Okay." She gets up, and walks back to her chair, "Continue."

"Soo...." I take a deep breath and let it out, "Aubrey got me pregnant."

I look at her to see if she has an expression on her face, or if it changes but it doesn't. She didn't show any emotion.

"Are you pregnant by him now?" She asks

"No, no...I'm not pregnant by him now. The baby is definitely Chris' baby."

"When did this happen?" She asks

"I got pregnant the first time Aubrey and I had sex. I hate myself for even going through with it because that day I was so pissed off at Chris, but I was also in so much pain, we both were. He just came home from tour, and I was avoiding him and I had blocked his number, so as soon as he came home, he came to my office, and we had a big blowup. I don't remember everything that was said, but I remember him saying something that I guess I just didn't wanna hear. I was so hurt and I felt like he didn't understand why I was hurting so much. I saw him hurting as well, but I wanted him to hurt more, because of what he did to me. After I told him to get out of my office, I texted Aubrey that we could have sex, and that night we did."

"So you did it out of anger?"

"Yes." I begin to tear up. "I regretted it as soon as it was over. We didn't use a condom, I don't know why. I'm so fucking stupid, and I wasn't in my right mind. He asked me if I wanted him to pull out, I told him yes, and he did. Maybe it wasn't fast enough, I don't know. I felt horrible afterwards and I tried to tell him that I didn't want anything to do with him, but if you know Aubrey how I know him, Aubrey is very persuasive and he manipulated me into thinking that we would only be friends and he would help me through my break up."