THE MEETING II

*Y/N

~Lounge area~

Tony sat beside me on the couch. He lay his back behind him and put his hand on his head while Rhodes and Wilson argued. Tal climbed down from my lap and she sat in the middle of me and Tony. I lay my head on Tony's shoulder and Tal looked at us and she smiled. I smiled at her and I looked at Tony and saw his eyes closed. I put my head back on his shoulder and I signed Tal to come to us. She crawl near us but, she put her head on Tony's arm and she wrapped her arms on Tony. Tony looked at Tal and smiled. I pull myself away and saw Tony carried Tal on his arms. Tal put her head on Tony's chest and he gave her a long kiss on the head. 

"Secretary Ross has a Congressional Medal of Honor, which is one more than you have." Rhodes argued.

"So let's say we agree to this thing. How long is it gonna be before they LoJack us like a bunch of common criminals?" Sam argues back.

"A 117 countries want to sign this. 117, Sam, and you're just like, "No, that's cool. We got it."." Rhodey said.

"How long are you going to play both sides?" Sam asked.

"I have an equation." Vision began. 

"Oh, this will clear it up." Sam said sarcastically.

"In the eight years since Mr. Stark announced himself as Iron Man, the number of known enhanced persons has grown exponentially. And during the same period, the number of potentially world-ending events has risen at a commensurate rate." Vision said. I looked at Tony and he never looked at me, just his daughter. I hugged the two of them for their comfort and I felt Tony kissed my head.

"Are you saying it's our fault?" Steve asked.

"I'm saying there may be a causality. Our very strength invites challenge. Challenge incites conflict. And conflict...breeds catastrophe. Oversight...oversight is not an idea that can be dismissed out of hand."

"Boom." Rhodey said. I sat properly and looked at Nat as she looked at Tony.

"Tony. You are being uncharacteristically non-hyper-verbal." Nat said.

"Boy, you know me so well." Tony said. He slowly sat on the couch and he passed Tal to me. He stand as he held the back of his head and walks towards the kitchen.

"Actually, I'm nursing an electromagnetic headache." Tony said while walking. When he arrived, he grabbed a mug. "That's what's going on, Cap. It's just pain. It's discomfort. Who's putting coffee grounds in the disposal? Am I running a bed and breakfast for a biker gang?" Tony asked sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and I looked at Tal. She yawned softly and I smiled at her cuteness. She began to crawl on the couch. She lay her head on my lap as she hugged her bear while looking at her father.

"Oh, that's Charles Spencer, by the way. He's a great kid. Computer engineering degree, 3.6 GPA." Tony said. I looked at him and saw a kid's picture projected on Tony's phone.

"Had a floor level gig at Intel planned for the fall. But first, he wanted to put a few miles on his soul, before he parked it behind a desk. See the world. Maybe be of service. Charlie didn't want to go to Vegas or Fort Lauderdale, which is what I would do. He didn't go to Paris or Amsterdam, which sounds fun. He decided to spend his summer building sustainable housing for the poor. Guess where, Sokovia." Tony angrily slammed a bottle of pills on the counter. Tal flinched at what she heard and she looked at me with a face that she's about to cry. 

"No baby.." I whispered to Tal as I softly bring her to my chest. She didn't looked at Tony anymore. She turned to the other side and I began comforting her, rubbing her back and whisperings sweet little things to her.

"Daddy is not mad. He's worried.. Daddy's not mad at anyone, he's just sad." I said. 

"He wanted to make a difference, I suppose. I mean, we won't know because we dropped a building on him while we were kicking ass." Tony said. I didn't mind him at all, I remained focus on my daughter in comforting her.

"There's no decision-making process here. We need to be put in check! Whatever form that takes, I'm game. If we can't accept limitations, if we're boundary-less, we're no better than the bad guys." Tony said. I looked at him in shocked that he was agreeing about the Sokovia Accords. 

"Tony, someone dies on your watch, you don't give up." Steve said in defense.

"Who said we're giving up?" Tony said.

"We are if we're not taking responsibility for our actions. This document just shifts the blames." Steve said.

"I'm sorry. Steve. That - that is dangerously arrogant. This is the United Nations we're talking about. It's not the World Security Council, it's not SHIELD, it's not HYDRA." Rhodes said.

"No, but it's run by people with agendas, and agendas change." Steve said. 

"That's good. That's why I'm here. When I realized what my weapons were capable of in the wrong hands, I shut it down and stop manufacturing." Tony said as he walked towards us.

"Tony, you chose to do that. If we sign this, we surrender our right to choose. What if this panel sends us somewhere we don't think we should go? What if there is somewhere we need to go, and they don't let us? We may not be perfect, but the safest hands are still our own."

"If we don't do this now, it's gonna be done to us later. That's the fact. That won't be pretty." Tony said.

"You're saying they'll come for me." Wanda said. 

"You're not the only one who has unlimited power, Wanda." I said as I looked at her. She nod once at me and I nod back. 

"We would protect you." Vision said. 

"Maybe Tony's right." Nat said. I looked at Nat in disbelief. This sucks... "If we have one hand on the wheel, we can still steer. If we take it off -"

"Aren't you the same woman who told the government to kiss her ass a few years ago?" Sam asked in disbelief.

"I'm just...I'm reading the terrain. We have made...some very public mistakes. We need to win their trust back." Nat said.

"Focus up. I'm sorry, did I just mishear you or did you agree with me?" Tony asked as he leaned on the arm rest of the couch.

"Oh, I want to take it back now." Nat teased.

"No, no, no. You can't retract it. Thank you. Unprecedented. Okay, case closed--I win." Tony said.

"I have to go." Steve said as he looked at his phone, dropped the book at the table and walked away. Everyone began to looked at her. 

"Nat, could you hold her?" I asked Nat. She nodded her head and she grabbed Tal for me. I stand and quickly followed Steve. 

"Steve!" I called out as he opened the door on the staircase. I ran fast to the door and saw him leaning his back on the railing. I slowly went near him and he looked at me. 

"She died in her sleep." Steve said.

"Oh God... Steve, I'm sorry..." I said and gave him a hug. He hugged me back with a gloom on his face.