THE MEET-UPS

*Y/N

I was reading a book when I saw Tony went near me.

"Not that it's a competition, but she loves me 3000. You were somewhere on the low 6 to 900 range." Tony said as he went to the couch. I scoff and laughed. 

"What are you reading?" Tony asked as I continued reading.

"Oh, it's just a book on composting." I said.

"What's new with composting?" Tony asked.

"Just -" 

"I'll go to the compound tomorrow." Tony said.

"Tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yeah, I figured it out and I need to go tomorrow." He said as he sat beside me.

"But, what about the kids?" I asked as I hold his hand.

"I am not risking your life again. I want you to stay here with the kids." Tony said.

"Tony, I am also part of the team. I need to help bring the team back." I said.

"No, I don't--"

"Tony, it's final. I will come with you. Just go there first and I'll follow along." Tony gave up and just nodded his head. He looked back at his table and I sighed.

"We got really lucky." I said.

"Yeah, I know." 

"A lot of people didn't." 

"No, I can't help everybody."

"It sort a seems like we can." He looked at me and I rubbed his hand.

"Not if I stop. I can put a pin in it right now, and stop." 

"Tony, trying to get you to stop has been one of the few failures of my life." He smiles as he caressed my hand. 

"I sometimes feel I should put it in a locked box and drop it at the bottom of a lake... go to bed." I looked at him and showed a hurt smile.

"But would we be able to rest?" I asked and we just stared at each other trying to find an answer. Then, Tony went near me and kissed my lips. Let's just say, it was a good night.

~The following morning~

The kids are currently sitting down on the couch, while me and Tony are standing in front of the kids. 

"Me and Mommy will tell you something." Tony began.

"What is it?" Tal asked. 

"Mommy and Daddy needs to go on another mission." Tony said. 

"Aww, but why mommy, daddy? I thought you're done being a hero." Tal said. 

"I know, but remember what mommy and daddy told you about the big bad purple guy and how he killed half of the population?" I asked as I bent in front of them. They looked at me and nodded their head.

"You will save the half of the population again?" James asked.

"We might bring them back. I know you missed Petey." I said.

"Yeah! I missed him..." Tal said and I looked up at Tony and saw him smiled sadly at me.

"We might bring him back." I said.

"When you come back, make sure you and daddy are fine, alright?" Tal asked me. I nodded my head and smiled. 

"We will be fine." Tony said and he bent to the kids and he gave them each a kiss on the head. Then, the kids went near him and hugged him tightly. I smiled softly as I felt tears clouding my eyes.