BACK

*Y/N

~Stark Industry~

We have arrived at the building. Obie opened the door on Tony's side and Tony wiped his mouth first with the tissue since he just finished eating his first burger. Obie and Tony hugged for the mean time and Tony held out a hand for me and I accepted it and Tony helped me get out of the car. Happy went to Tony and Tony got the last burger on the bag and he opened the wrapper for him to eat his meal. Obie and Tony walked to the entrance of the Stark Industry. Me and Pepper followed behind and the four of us went inside the building and the two men went straight to the stage. I saw Coulson went beside me and I switched place with him and he stand beside Pepper.

"Miss Potts." Coulson said to Pepper.

"Yes." Pepper replied.

"Can I speak to you for a moment?" 

"I'm not part of the press conference, but it's about to begin right now."

"I'm not a reporter. I'm Agent Phil Coulson, with the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division." Coulson said as he gave his business card. I chuckled at him.

"That's quite a mouthful." Pepper said.

"I told you.." I softly said to Coulson.

"I know. We're working on it." Coulson said to Pepper.

"You know, we've been approached already by the DOD, the FBI, the CIA..." Pepper said.

"We're a separate division with a more specific focus. We need to debrief Mr. Stark about the circumstances of his escape." Just then, I looked at Coulson in shocked.

"I'll put something in the book, shall I?" Pepper said.

"Thank you." Coulson nodded his head. He turns to looked at me and he nod his head once and he walked away.

"Well, let's get this started, uh..." Stane said.

"Hey, would it be all right if everyone sat down?" Just then, the reporters started to looked at each other and slowly obeyed Tony's request. "Why don't you just sit down? That way you can see me, and I can... A little less formal and..." Pepper began to sat down and I saw Rhodey went to me and whispered softly. 

"What's up with the love-in?" Rhodey asked.

"Don't looked at me. I don't even know what's he doing." I said softly. 

"I never got to say goodbye to Dad." Tony began. "I never got to say goodbye to my father. There's questions that I would have asked him. I would have asked him how he felt about what this company did. If he was conflicted, if he ever had doubts. Or maybe he was every inch the man we all remember from the newsreels. I saw young Americans killed by the very weapons I created to defend them and protect them. And I saw that I had become part of a system that is comfortable with zero accountability." Tony said.

"Mr. Stark.." A reporter asked. 

"Hey Ben." Tony said to the reporter.

"What happened over there?" Ben asked Tony. Tony looked at me sadly and he showed a little smile.

"I had my eyes opened." Tony said as he stands and walked to the podium. "I came to realize that I have more to offer this world than just making things that blow up. And that is why, effective immediately, I am shutting down the weapons manufacturing division of Stark International." Just then, the reporters started to stand and tried to asked questions to Tony. I shockingly looked at Tony and Obie tried to cut off Tony but he never did. Tony suddenly walked towards me. He held my hand and he pulled me with him and we walked to the car and he told Happy to drive to the building inside Stark Industry where the Arc Reactor was located. Me and Tony rode the car and he looked a bit shocked and scared. I held his hand in mine and he looked at me and smiled.