76

third person.

Despite spending almost the entire day out of the hotel and in and out of many meetings to do with her skincare line, Serenity eventually finished it all at around 7pm, knowing that when she got back to the hotel she would be too tired to hold a proper conversation with her boyfriend and would end up upsetting him.

And after the short walk back to the hotel, constantly waiting for Zach to reply to her texts and getting worried as each minute passed by that he didn't, the girl eventually walked into the lobby of the building.

"Hi Ren." Mason spoke up from behind the girl, sat at one of the tables before watching her jump slightly.

"Uh, hi." Serenity stopped to look at him, "How did you- did you know I was here?"

"No, I just came to visit New York," Mason shrugged, "Why?"

"I just didn't think New York was one of your places you wanted to visit." She slowly nodded, glancing down at her phone screen and still seeing no reply from Zach, "Um anyway I hope you're-"

"How are you and Zach?" He asked, "We haven't talked since Daniel broke up with me."

"Yeah um, there's a reason for that." Serenity slowly nodded, "I really need to get to my-"

"By the way, how did Randy take your whole pregnancy thing?" Mason asked her, continuing to interrupt her sentences as her breathing began to pick up slightly.

"Fine." She quickly said, wanting to move away from the situation Mason kept bringing herself back to.

"Is Daniel alright? He's blocked all of my ways of contacting him," Mason looked at her before his eyes widened slightly, "Uh Ren you've gone pale."

"Yeah um," she slowly nodded, "I need to-"

"Can you tell Daniel that I said I miss him please."

Nodding in response to his request, the girl struggled to get her words out as she stared down at the floor, still receiving no texts from the boy who were supposed to be waiting for her in the hotel room upstairs.

"Why are you anxious?" Mason asked her as she shook her head, "Do you need a hug?"

"Please don't touch me," the girl choked out, scratching the back of her neck as the boy rolled his eyes, "Are you done talking?"

"Well yeah but-"

"Cool nice chat," Serenity nodded, forcing a smile before heading off towards the stairs and up to her and Zach's hotel room.

And reaching the room, including the few stops on the way where she had paused to catch her breath and try to at least calm her anxiety down slightly, she eventually got inside the room and closed the door before letting out a sigh and bursting into tears.

Deciding to stay put by the door, she sat leant up to it as she wiped her eyes before Zach left the bathroom just in front of it, immediately rushing to the side of her as his arms went around the girl.

"Why are you crying- bub you're shaking," he frowned, grabbing ahold of her hand while she rested her head on his shoulder, "What happened?"