25

third person.

The halloween party eventually rolled around and in the end the entire friend group decided to go, Brea inviting Ethan and Darcie with them so that they could finally try get that ship to sail.

Each couple had their own costume and as expected, Daniel and Mason were the most extra that night, deciding to be a carton of apple juice and orange juice, even though within the first half an hour of the party, they wondered off for an hour and came back without their costumes on, just in their swimming shorts.

Treasure and Serenity had some small talk at the start of the night but eventually ended up on opposite sides of the group to each other, every so often meeting eyes for a split second before sighing as they both looked away from each other.

"Hey Ren do you want a drink or anything?" Ethan said as he came up beside her, Zach immediately putting his arm around the girl as she shook her head.

"She's good." Zach replied, giving Ethan a small forced smile as the boy nodded before turning around to talk to Darcie.

"I didn't know you had to speak for me," She said, looking at him as he shrugged, "I could've said no."

"But you wouldn't of."

"I didn't even get a chance to speak," Serenity told the boy as he looked at her.

"Well are you thirsty?" He asked her as she nodded before the boy grabbed ahold of her hand, guiding her through the crowd towards the drinks, "What do you want to drink?"

"Are you feeling alright?" The girl asked her boyfriend, a worried look washing over her face, "You're acting different."

"I just can't be bothered to socialise tonight." He shrugged, pouring the girl a drink as she nodded.

"Do you want to go home?" She asked him, being hand the drink as Zach placed a kiss on her forehead, "We can go if you're not feeling up for it, I'm getting kind of tired anyway."

Zach nodded, glancing just over the girls head before rolling his eyes, "He keeps staring at you."

"Who does?"

"Ethan." He told her as she looked behind her shoulder, giving Ethan a small smile as she looked back at Zach, "What was the smile for?"

"Why can't I smile?" The girl asked through a small laugh, taking a sip of her drink, "You're just making a big deal out of nothing, let's just go home."

"I have a right to be mad if he's staring at my girlfriend all the time," Zach told her, shrugging slightly, "Also have you talked to Treasure tonight?"

"Kind of, why?"

"Just asking, you two don't seem as close." Zach said as they walked back over to the friend group, announcing that they were going to head home.

After saying goodbye to everyone in the group, the couple headed out to the car, Serenity getting in the drivers side as Zach got into the passenger seat, looking around for one of the many snacks they store beside them.

"One day I'm going to swing at him," Zach mumbled as Serenity looked at him, putting on her seat belt.

"You're not swinging at anyone," she told him as he looked up at her, raising his eyebrows.