59

third person.

Spending Christmas Day at the Herron household, the time eventually hit 9pm and the couple were exhausted. Zach had already gotten himself into his sweatpants and was busy scrolling through his phone while he waited for his girlfriend to finish getting ready for the evening.

"Ren." Zach spoke up, looking over at the girl as she nodded, looking through her mirror at him, "What if I were to marry you right before our child?"

Shaking her head, Serenity let out a sigh and grabbed her bag of skincare, "Zach I can't think about that right now."

Zach furrowed his eyebrows, sitting up in the bed and looking over at her, "Why not?"

"Because I've got other things to worry about than getting married," she replied, turning to face him as he still looked confused.

"Don't you want to marry me?" Zach asked, "I don't see the problem, is there someone else you're seeing?"

"Zach, what?" Serenity looked at him, "Of course i'm not seeing anyone else."

"Then why don't you want to marry me?" Zach asked her as she rolled her eyes, "Are you still not happy with us?"

"You're still talking about that?!" She asked as he nodded.

"Well yeah, I still don't know where we stand."

"I thought you would've considering the situation." Serenity told the boy as he shrugged, scratching the back of his neck.

"It wasn't planned." He shrugged, "It was just an accident, it doesn't make it any clearer."

"Ren you're always saying communication is important but we haven't even sat down and spoke about any of it because we didn't get the chance to at the release party," He continued, a frown growing on his face, "I still don't know where we stand because you never explained everything."

"I thought we were good," she looked at him confused, "Couldn't you clearly see Ethan made me uncomfortable? Why would I go behind your back?"

"Because you went behind my back when he took you out for dinner and you never told-"

"Like how you messaged your ex and didn't tell me until you came to apologise to me?" She interrupted him as he went quiet, "Stop making me look like the bad guy all the time."

He shrugged, "Are you happy or not?"

"Yes I'm happy."

"Right, so why don't you want to marry me?"

"Because i'm 18!" Serenity told the boy, who let out a sigh and put his head in his hands, "Zach we aren't even 20, we don't have anything figured out."

"We can figure it out together," he shrugged, looking up at her with an upset look on his face, "If you want to keep a baby then surely you wouldn't mind marrying me, we don't know how to look after a child but you're still going through with that."

"Who said this is just a me thing?" She asked, "You mean we're still going through with that, don't you?"

"Yes but I won't always be here, I go on tour."

"There's my point, I'll be here most of the time to do everything, all you have to do is tour and check in every few days." Serenity explained, "I don't have time to worry about getting married right now."

"Every few days? Are you kidding?" He furrowed his eyebrows, tears slowly filling his eyes, "Serenity I check in every few hours when I'm touring."

"Yes but you struggle to do that, you do it because you know I get worried about-"

"I still do it!" Zach interrupted her as she looked away from the boy, her eyes filling with tears too, "I'm worried about not being a good dad and you're trying to already criticise how i'm going to handle it."

"This all happened before we were even on the same page with where we stand, how can you think about marriage right now?" Serenity asked him as he shrugged.

"I thought it would be something you want."

"I do but not right now," she shrugged, sitting down on the bed as the both of them were faced away from each other, staring at the floor and tears falling down their faces, "I'm just too stressed."

"I'm sorry," Zach replied, "Just forget I said it."

"We just argued about it, I can't forget it," Serenity told him.

"I'm just wanting everything to be perfect for you," He explained as she sighed.

"I'm not worried about it being perfect," she said, "I like it how it is right now. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you."

Zach sighed and stood up, making his way over to the other side of the bed where Serenity was sitting before he sat down next to her, both of them wiping their eyes and sitting in silence.

"I think you're doing perfect," she spoke up, looking at him as they made eye contact, a small smile on her face as he wiped her tears away with his thumb.

"I'm stressing you out," Zach whispered as his girlfriend shook her head, only resulting in him crying more, "I'm already terrible at this."

"Stop because you're going to make me cry more," Serenity frowned, pulling the boy into a hug before they both buried their faces into their significant other, going back into a state of silence.

Wrapping his arms around the girls waist, the boy placed one small kiss on her cheek before wiping his tears on her shirt, letting out a small sigh.

"You're not terrible at it," Serenity told the boy, pulling away to look at him while speaking, "And you're definitely not stressing me out, I promise."

Unsure of how to reply, Zach nodded once before holding up his pinky, "You gotta secure that."

"Ohh, we're back to the promise system." She smiled slightly.

"We never left it," He said through a small laugh, wiping his eyes as his girlfriend joined her pinky with his, "Thank you, now I feel a little better."

"I love you," Serenity said, "So much."

"I love you more," he smiled, placing a kiss on her lips as he stood back up, "I won't mention- Just forget I said anything about it, can you go finish getting ready so I can cuddle you?"

"Yes I'll go get ready," she nodded, standing up and placing a kiss on his cheek before grabbing the boy's hoodie, rushing off into the bathroom before he got a chance to say anything about it.

"I saw that by the way."

"No you didn'tttt."

(˚୨୧🧸⋆。☁️˚ ⋆ 🍂)

a/n

my two babies are stressed🥺🥺