#29

| Allie |

He wouldn't look at me.

In the class.

At the cafeteria.

In the corridor.

It was breaking me down, bit by bit. .second by second. Quietly, I was enduring it not letting anyone have the slightest idea of what I was going through since four days.

I would fill my dark circles with a concealer.

Smile this and that way.

Both of my friends thought I was fine, getting over him but no, he was taking over me.

Everything that belonged to me suddenly became his.

I was viewing myself through his eyes.

I would look in the mirror and think about ways to get his attention and at school when I wasn't looking, I would feel his intense gaze but I wouldn't dare look at him or catch him red handed because I didn't want him to look away.

On the fifth day , I was walking to school with my head down when I saw his Porsche passed smoothly by my side.

Not even pausing for a second.

I wonder if he was alone or-

All she was left with was dust, pity and acne. .

Gloria's voice floated in my head and involuntarily I smiled at how idiotic that sounded. Also I was so glad we could see her in a different light. Never in million years did I imagine her to be a die hard romance fanatic.

That's like Kim Kardashian wearing spectacles and teaching at school.

While walking , I thought I heard a rip but i ignored it .

×××××××××××××××××××

When your house is near to school, it has its own perks. Usually I got to school way too early for my liking but Mia came early too so I didn't mind .

My sneakers crunched on the floor, as I took off my backpack and held it in my hand. All I had to do was dump some books in the locker because the weight of my backpack felt like I had bricks in it.

I made a mental note to return the books that belonged to the library.

Hearing heavy footsteps behind me, I didn't bother looking back.

"Took you long enough. I beat you today-" the footsteps came nearer and I frowned a little because Mia dragged her feet while walking so-

Someone grabbed my arm and kept walking.

My backpack fell to the floor with a dull thud.

"Hey!!"

A familiar cologne made its way to my nose and i looked at him!

Surprised, I didn't even protest as he dragged me while looking straight ahead. Not drag me. . .more like I was walking beside him, his fingers wrapped around my arm.

"Dennis. ."

I don't think he heard me .

Why was his jaw so taut? The bone jutting out. .like he was going through an inner battle.

He came to the same janitor's room and kicked the door open, taking me in.

As he shut the door behind. . switching the light on , I took a look at him.

A black leather jacket, a white plain shirt and black pants. His hair messy as he turned towards me.

His onyx eyes sweeping over my face , making me realize we were alone. Everything came rushing in and my face blazed with . . regret. Guilt.