#22

| Allie |

Numb.

Numb is all I felt.

I was standing here, my hand on the door handle, from the past 15 minutes. She was gone , gone while shattering my whole world in one sentence.

The high that I felt from the past one week was gone , the energy in me weakening to the point where I couldn't even feel my legs.

Slowly, I stepped out. .each step taking a lifetime . .each step breaking me down into pieces . .the cold settling in my bones. .

The disbelief. .it can't happen to me , I had desperately thought but it did. .

Somehow , I made my way towards the sink. .my hands gripped the edges of the pale sink as I looked in the mirror.

Horror.

A horrified girl look back at me, the glint in her eyes gone, the smile she was wearing from the past one week vanished. All that remain was horror.

He got her good. .

Shutting my eyes , I tried to control the tremors moving up and down my body, my heart snivelling in my body. . twisting around as if something was choking it to death. .and I couldn't stand up anymore.

My legs gave out.

I crumpled down on the wet , dirty floor . .tears flooding my face. Deep anguish rocking my body . .wet tears falling down my face as if they would never stop.

I clutched at my heart, pressing my palm flat against it. The fire in it spreading and spreading. .until my whole body was on fire .

An invisible ring of fire surrounded me , blistering me. Burning me.

Choking down on my saliva, I coughed hard. .getting on my knees ,my palm flat on the cold floor. .I coughed so hard I saw saliva slobbering down my mouth . .on to the floor.

I moaned trying to take in breath, sucking in a lung full of air. .

I was a bet. .

I meant nothing to him. .I was a bet. A lousy bet .

It hurt . It hurt because he won the bet. I fell for him. Hard. All I could think about was him. .

And he didn't think about me at all. .my feelings were his way to the finish line . .

Just when I was about to tell him . .just when the happy ending was right around the corner. .

I laughed harshly, slobber and tears mixing up with each other. .my knees started to hurt and I summoned all my courage to sit on the floor. .somehow I managed to do that. .

This was the most pathetic I had ever look in my own eyes. .how will I rise again in my own eyes? How will I wash down my heart ? How will I get back on my feet?

I was an ordinary girl.

I was not a person who would go out of her way to take revenge. .I believed him. I trusted him . .

I gave him my heart. .

I gave him the most prized part of my body. .my heart.

And all this time. .

Jane telling him how I looked like? Jane telling him he should see my face. .Jane Jane Jane. .

He didn't respond to my texts because he was busy celebrating?

A cold chill enveloped me like never before. A chill that had nothing to do with the cold floor and cold weather.

How many times had he joked with Jane about me? How many times had he laugh with Jane . .