#2

Memories I had so desperately blocked out were flashing in front of my eyes.

This guy was connected to every bad thing that happened to me in this school.

This guy made sure to terrorize me the second I stepped in.

Mr Wilson was talking in hushed voice to him. He kept listening with an impassive face.

"Lord Voldemort is back!" Mia said in a low voice. She covered my hand . "Don't worry. If he  messes with you I'll Avada Kedavra him!"

I swallowed hard.

I knew one thing.

There was no escaping from the devil.

I saw him say something to Mr Wilson which made him laugh. He shook his bald head and placed his chubby hand on his broad shoulder.

Dennis smiled and I felt chills going up and down my spine.

"Ouch! " Mia exclaimed, snatching her hand . I could see the angry red marks appear on her white skin.

I had dug my nails in her skin.

That's what he does to me.

"Sorry!" I mouthed an apology. She rolled her eyes.

"I know this guy is out to get you . He has the hots for you , girl! I don't get why you keep running from the Adonis incarnate and—"

I zoned her out the second he started to make his way .

Don't lose it!

I gripped the pen in my hand hard enough to break it. This is what my mom taught me. It's a stress relief.

I was sitting rigidly. My spine straight, not moving. Not breathing.

He was taking his time, his dark eyes sweeping over me for a second , just a second, and I felt the weight of his gaze. I felt the heat climbing on my face. Felt it radiating from my body.

How pathetic was that! His presence was affecting me! He still had power over me!

I kept staring straight ahead and I saw him in my peripheral vision walking to the seat right beside me. Thank God we had space between us .

Every seat he passed by, head would turn. Taking him all in. Wishing he would choose them.

Faces fell when he chose the seat near to me.

It's okay! He's far away! He can't get to you!

Mr Wilson started his lecture again.

All this time I tried to breath properly. His presence was powerful enough to stop my breath. .

××××××××××××××××××××××

"Do you want something?" Mia asked as she wiped her glasses on her shirt.

I didn't feel like eating.

I felt like throwing up.

Stashing my books in my locker, I paused . The tiny mirror stuck on the door of my locker made me pause.

Chocolate brown eyes stared back at me, brown hair , pink lips. Flushed cheeks.

Terrified.

I look terrified.

"Dude? Come on I'm hungry." Mia complained . I turned towards her.

She looked grumpy. Whenever she is hungry , she gets grumpy.