#13

| Allie |

He jabbed a finger in my direction .

"You're not going anywhere!"

He struck me mute. I was so shocked and pissed that I got speechless. It was that one rare moment of my life where you get so pissed you actually get speechless.

The nerve of this guy. .

"I'm not Jared!" I snapped making him smile a little that did something to my heart.

He was occupying the bed, his lean body sprawled lazily , his hands cupping the back of his head ,his biceps taking the spotlight.

"I wouldn't mind if you transformed into a sexy Jared though." He winked making me fume further.

I raised my finger in warning .

"If you tried to -"

"I will hear you better if you join me on bed." He offered shamelessly forcing the flush back on my face.

I knew he wanted to get a rise out of me.

And he was winning .

His teasing was making me dizzy, aware, conscious. . of him. But I was hiding it well under the garb of anger.

"Gloria invited you?" He asked lightly snatching my attention back to him.

I nodded , frowning a little.

"You know her?"

He glanced at the ceiling.

"Everyone does. She's my. . friend." I could hear the hesitancy in his voice.

"Are you sure she was just a friend?" I asked my voice clearly indicating I didn't believe him.

Dennis sighed as if he was expecting this and then he sat up, his eyes landing on me. .

For the first I felt conscious of the fact that we were alone.

I don't trust myself when I am alone with him.

I have no idea why. .

He kept looking at me until I squirmed a little . .

"I know what you think of me. I know you have this man whore persona of me . .I hate to disappoint you but she really was a friend of mine . "

Was?

I didn't question that because I really didn't care if she was or is a friend. All I cared about was that she was nothing more than a friend. I did feel . . . embarrassed that he could so easily read my mind. .so easily disarm me. .

How did he knew what I actually think about him?

It was true though. Everyone at my school knew almost everything Dennis did . The restaurant he liked, the lessons he took, the girls he -

I shook my head .

If that didn't scream man whore I don't know what would. .

"I know why she invited you." He said suddenly, his eyes had that faraway look like he wasn't physically present here.

I rolled my eyes. " She don't have any hidden agendas against me. I have done nothing to her."

That I was sure of.

He chuckled, still not looking at me.

"You did. You did something to her friend."

"What?!"

I really was feeling out of the loop here. I never interacted with Jane. Ever . So how come -

"You made her friend fall in love ,Allie." He said softly, his dark eyes finding me.