#15

"Tend to table 5. Why is it so hot here! Jesus take the wheel!" Rosette exclaimed wiping her face with the cloth on her shoulder.

Rita nodded absent mindly , twirling a strand of her hair around her finger. Rosette was cooking the sunny side up omelette and muttering to herself about reaching home early today.

She was a plump 40-ish woman raising her teenage daughter and tending to her drunk ass of a husband everyday. Sometime Rita felt that the only reason Rosette had taken her under her wing was because she reminded her of her own daughter.

Whatever the reason may be, she was glad she had her around . Someone she could look up to.

A mother like figure.

Foul thoughts gnawed at her heart when she remembered her mother.

Brittany, her very own mother was a whore too. All she ever did was tell Rita  not to call her "mom" or "mommy". Brittany was just fine.

Rita still got flashes of her past life. Her mother's customers lining out of their rickety home. . .as soon as she hit puberty . . Brittany didn't spare her.

She lost her virginity when she was 16 or maybe 15 to the highest bidder . Did her mother care about her screaming and yelling " I'm your daughter!" . . Of course not. It wasn't a movie where happy ending waited at the end, it was real life. In the end she just numbed out her emotions and did whatever she was told .

Rita smiled , a sad smile.

"Whatcha thinking? About that hot ass boy?" Rosette asked slyly as she prepared the coffee.

She leaned against the fridge.

That hot ass boy. .

A smile wormed it's way on her face.

"Rosette did anyone change your life? You know that one moment when everything makes sense?" Rita asked , her almond eyes wondering.

The plump women nodded, spiking up her curiosity.

"Yeah. My daughter. .when I held her in my arms I felt as if my heart got  ripped out of me . .my heart became her. " She said a big smile on her reddened face.

Rita could understand what she wanted to say because . .her heart became him. .

×××××××××××××××××××

| Allie |

"Can you stop talking about killing people?!" I hissed making him shrug his shoulders.

"I don't mind killing when it comes to you."

I glowered at his careless manner . How can anyone even hint about killing people?

"You are in  dire need of a psychiatrist." My voice was dry.

"She's sitting right beside me but she won't admit she's one." He smiled at me , his full lips teasing .

He was a lost cause wasn't he?

So I leaned back against the chair and crossed my arms across my chest , my posture screaming grumpy.

Did he let me be at peace?

No.

He turned his body towards me, his knee brushing my thigh . . making me grit my teeth.

Why did I want to press my thigh against his? . .must be my empty stomach hallucinating.

I could feel his eyes on my face .

10 seconds. .

16 seconds. .