#8

| Dennis |

I pressed send.

Now this will surely wake her up.

I send her the message.

"I'm outside . Should I use the spare key or you coming?"

Knowing her I knew she would have stashed the key in the rusting mailbox .

I knew her more than she knew herself.

Like the back of my hand.

The night air was freezing me, my breath was coming out in white puffs. All the warmth was coming from the coffee in my hand.

Hot frothy cappuccino.

I don't understand the difference between cappuccino, frappuccino, whatever- ccino.

It was coffee for me.

I had my coffee in my car on the way here, I picked one for her from her Starbucks. I knew she loved cappuccino.

My phone buzzed.

Smiling , I checked my phone and saw her name.

Must be a scathing reply.

Pursing my lips, I tapped her message open.

What I read made me chuckle , a passer-by gave me a strange look.

Go to hell and NEVER come back!

Very well.

Sighing, I slipped my phone back in my pocket . My eyes went up to her room , the light was on and I saw her peering at me and trying to hide her face at the same time.

Got you!

Hastily, she pulled the curtains close but I knew she was peering at me through loopholes.

I guess. . .it was time to put a show.

×××××××××××××××××

| Allie |

I saw him placing the disposable white cup on the top of his car.

What the hell was he doing?

Why did he love to put me through hell? Why can't he leave me alone? What did I ever do  to him?

Hot angry , helpless tears filled up my eyes.

Dennis always makes me feel helpless when it comes to him. I was helpless in front of  my  feelings , my heart , my thoughts. .

What the hell...

Horrified, I saw him going straight to our mailbox , sticking his hand inside , his face determined and then he pulled his hand out. . the key dangling from it's chain.

How did he know where I hid the key? How did—  did he put surveillance cameras around my house?

As if sensing my gaze, his dark eyes found me. .

A wicked smile spread on his face . Gloating, he pointed at the key and then my house.

I'm coming.

And to prove his point he actually started to march towards the door.

My parents were home! They were watching sports channel. I could hear the anchor fake laughing his way .

I had to sort this mess right now!

My parents weren't strict but they will  be when they see  a 6 feet tall guy barging in the house. Demanding to see their daughter.