Chapter 1: a strange encounter

Beomgyu POV:
It was just a regular Friday, just a regular lunch time, nothing special. Soobin and Huening were flirting as usual while Chaeryoung and I cried in single.
"Why are you guys so perfect for each other?? Omg! Beomgyu, will I ever find my soulmate?!" Chaeryoung pouts in disappointment.
"Chaeryoung, for the last time, we're not dating!"
"Don't worry, if SOOBIN can find his soulmate, I'm sure you can too."
"Hey, what's that supposed to mean??"
"Don't listen to them Soobin, let them think what they want because either way you're the cutest!" Huening proceeds to do his trademark belly rub on Soobin.
"Huening~" Soobin laughs. Damn, I see why Chaeryoung would be envious; whatever their relationship is, it's one of a kind.
"Mmm." Chaeryoung says in between bites. "What are you guys doing after school? Do you want to see a movie or something? I heard that they're playing the Bee Movie again just for this weekend!"
"OMG THATS MY FAVORITE MOVIE" I blurt out. The rest of the lunch room turns around to see what the commotion's about.
"Ahh... nothing to see here! Just...strong appreciation for the fine arts."
"Omg Beomgyu-ssi! What's so great about the Bee Movie??"
"WHATS SO GREAT ABOUT THE BEE MOVIE?! HAVE YOU EVER SEEN  THE BEE MOVIE SOOBIN-HYUNG?!!" It's Huening's turn to disrupt the lunch room. No one even bothers to turn this time; Huening yells so much that everyone here is indifferent to it at this point.
"Ok, ok, I haven't seen it, but I'll watch it with you guys tonight."
"Yay!! Soobin-ssi~~" Huening's gone into one of his laughing moods again. It's contagious; we all start to chuckle a little bit.

The rest of the school day went on as usual; math class, which Soobin absolutely hates despite being amazing good at math, history, which Huening Kai strangely enjoys, ha ha, can't relate, and finally art class where Chaeryoung creates the most beautiful paintings.
"What are you painting today? Oh! Is it the woods nearby??"
"Yeah! How'd you guess Beomgyu-ssi?"
"I don't know, I guess the general shapes look like trees. But I do have one question: what's that??"
" oh, this guy? He's a vampire, it's October which means it's almost Halloween. I wanna give it to my sister in the states where they celebrate it."
"Ahhh. That's the one where they dress up in costumes and stuff, right?"
"Yeah! I bet you haven't heard the backstory of Halloween yet though..."
"Oooh ooh! Tell me!"
"They say that the tradition started to scare away spirts by dressing up like them. Doesn't make sense to me, I don't think that anyone, spirts or humans, could be fooled that easily."
"Huh. Well if I was spirit, I know I would be able to tell who's a human, and then I'd... possess them!" I slam my hands down on the table for dramatic effect.
"Ahhh! Woooo....you scared me...woooo...."
"Oh, sorry."
"Maybe I'll have to...SCARE YOU BACK!" She shakes my shoulders
"Ahhhhhhhhhh." I fake scream
We both chuckle a bit, and get back to our work. I'm making a clay pot with stars on it. Just when I'm putting it into the kiln, the bell rings and I nearly drop it.
"Alright, bye Beomgyu! See you after school, don't forget! 7:00, Bee Movie."
"How could I forget the Bee Movie! Bye!" I wave. I clean up, and start heading home.

Just as I'm about to reach the door, I hear mom and dad arguing again.
"How is it my fault for getting fired?? They replaced me with that bitch Kelly, I had nothing to do with it!"
"Oh, and I'm sure you had NOTHING to do with going out every night and spending my money to go gambling with that man-whore you spend all your time with!!"
"How dare you talk about Minjae like that!!"
"I've always been second!! Have you ever even loved me, woman?? All you do is leech off of me and the kids!"
I can't listen anymore. I decide to go on a walk and just go to the movie theater in my uniform or borrow a shirt from Soobin.
A crisp fall breeze swings by as I walk through the fallen leaves. The sun slowly disappears as it's color and beauty disperses across the sky. I don't have a destination: I just couldn't handle another argument between my parents. They probably don't even care where I am, I don't even care where I am right now. Before I know it, I reach the woods. I stop to admire the trees, when I hear someone yelling in pain,
"Ahh. Ahhhhhhhh! It burns! Hmmmm....Ahhhh!" Who ever it is seemed to be panting from the amount of pain. I run over to the sound.
He sees me come over.
"Help...help..."he croaks
"What happened? Are you ok?" I know it's a stupid question; he's passed out by this point. His forehead isn't just warm, it's burning. I pick him up onto my back and drag him into the shade to cool him off.
I take a closer look at him: he seems about my age, maybe a bit older or younger. He's dressed in all white; a fringed sweater and white jeans, which are so worn out and tattered that they could never have been purposefully ruined. Even his timberlands are white.
What's more strange is that he's the palest person I've ever seen, which is even more emphasized by all the red... from a sunburn? Which although makes no sense in the middle of October right next to the woods, it is the only explanation I could think of. He looks as if he had the life sucked out of him, leaving just the body as a shell left behind. And his, lips, oh his lips. For some reason I can't take my eyes off his dark red lips. Who is this strange man?
He slowly opens his eyes and starts coughing. Before I can turn away, we lock eyes and stay there for a moment.