Year 6: Summer Break

Hermione POV

I was intially very excited with the idea of having (Y/n) spend the summer with me at my house, and despite the minor annoyance of having to restock the fridge three times a week and (Y/n)'s norse-like behavior about being in a suburb, I have not regretted it. It started out with my parents and I debating on where (Y/n) would sleep at night, ultimately, (Y/n) had to sleep on the couch because the spare bedroom was cluttered with various books of mine. (Y/n) also had a steep learning curve about living in a somewhat more crowded enviornment, living in the country without neighbors around meant he could pretty much do whatever he wanted around there and those habits needed to change here. Luckily, for my dad, (Y/n) is a quick learner and caught onto the social cues from our neighbors. My father also had a man to man talk with (Y/n) about our relationship and my dad is finally letting up on his overprotective dad attitude. The two guys still butt heads over ridiculous things from time to time, like one day mom and I got back from grocery shopping and we walk in to see dad still in his work clothes and looking at the fridge, he then grows a cross look and grabs the empty pickle jar and starts walking across the house.

Hermione: Oh, that's not gonna end well.

I quickly follow dad into the living room and see (Y/n) reading the newspaper and I can hear dad muttering.

Mr. Granger: *muttering* All of them, gone. That inconsiderate, lightning faced, glutton-headed-

(Y/n): If you've got something to say speak up and say it to my face. *puts down paper* What do you want?

Mr. Granger: 'What do I want?' I wanted pickles-

Dad throws the empty jar and (Y/n) confidently catches it and looks at the jar.

Mr. Granger: Now, I just want some answers.

(Y/n):Hmph, I can only deal with one girly scream at a time.

Mr. Granger: *hightened voice* Girly?! *(Y/n) cocks an eyebrow* Ahem. You overgrown garbage disposal-

(Y/n): How do even know it was me?

Mr. Granger: AW, COME ON!

The camera momentarily snaps to the fridge and one of the doors falls off it's hinges, comically, I might add.

(A/N): I'll let you imagine how funny that is.

(Y/n): *belches loudly* Excuse me.

Mr. Granger: *sniffs* There it is. Pickle juice, I can smell it from here.

(Y/n): *groans* Fine, yeah, I took your stupid pickles, worry about it outside.

Hermione: Boys, that's enough! Dad, mom and I just got back from grocery shopping and we even got pickles. (Y/n), three other people do live under this roof, try and restrain yourself a little bit, please.

(Y/n)/Mr. G: Yes, Ma'am.

(Y/n): I'll fix the fridge right away.

True to his word, (Y/n) fixed the fridge door and put the groceries away, although I smacked his hand when he went for the cookies. Mom then walks in as I make a pot of tea.

Mrs. Granger: Alright, Hogwarts letters are here, and a scroll for (Y/n).

(Y/n): Strange, I never get mail. May I?

Mrs. Granger: Sure.

(Y/n) opens up the scroll and it is clearly from Asgard, and I ask.

Hermione: What's it say, dear?

(Y/n): It's an invitation, to a festival in Asgard. Yugensborg.

Mr. Granger: What's that mean?

(Y/n): Uh, the Norse Tree hurling competition and Odin wants me to participate.