The Sorcerer's Stone

(Y/N) POV

Ron: Well, eat some toast then, go on.

Hermione: Ron's right Harry, you're going to need your strength today.

Harry: I'm not hungry.

I am not even paying attention as Professor Snape walks up to our group and starts talking to Harry.

Snape: Good luck today, Potter. You've proven yourself against a troll. A game of Quidditch should be easy work. Even if it is against Slytherin.

Snape walks away with a noticeable limp in his gait.

Harry: That explains the blood.

Hermione: Blood?

Harry: Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let that troll in the dungeon, so he could try and get past that three headed dog, but he got himself bit. That's why he's limping.

Hermione: But why would anyone go near that dog?

Harry: The day I went to Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. He said that it important, very secret.

Hermione: So you're saying-

Harry: That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants.

I sit there listening while also thinking about what happened to me that night as well. I look at my hands and see a very slight lightning crackle across my palm. I am knocked out of my trance by Hermione's hand appearing over mine, I look up at my friends and they all have a slightly worried expression on their faces. Just then we hear a owl screech, and look to see Hedwig, Harry's owl, flying in with a rather large package. Hedwig drops the parcel in front of us.

Hermione: Bit early for mail, isn't it?

Harry: But I never get mail.

Ron: Let's open it.

We all took a bit of the wrapping off to reveal a brand new broomstick.

(Y/n): It's a broomstick?

Ron: Woah, that's not just a broomstick, It's a Nimbus 2000!

Harry: But, who-

We hear Hedwig again and look to see Professor McGonagall petting her and smiling at Harry. Lucky Stiff. After a little while Ron, Hermione and I start to head to the Quidditch field stands, Hermione then asks for my attention.

Hermione: You alright (Y/n), you've been rather quiet ever since that night fighting the troll?

Ron: Oh go on (Y/n), you can tell us.

(Y/n): *sighs* I've been thinking about what I did that night, casting lightning bolts from my hands from seemingly out of nowhere. What am I? Where do I really come from?

Hermione then grabs my hand and stops me, obviously annoyed with what I said.

Hermione: How dare you talk like that!

(Y/n): How am I supposed to put it? I have no idea who I am or what my past is, for all I know I could be just some monster.

*SLAP*

Hermione: You are not a monster! You are (Y/n) (L/n), a wizard student of the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, *grabs my hand tighter* and you are our friend. That should be enough, it doesn't matter if you can do things others can't, those powers don't define you, you decide that for yourself.

I look at Hermione in shock and amazement, then Ron puts his hand on my shoulder. I look at him and he smirks.

Ron: I could've said that a lot worse, but I feel the same. You're our friend and I know Harry would agree with us.