Slughorn's Memory

(Y/n) POV

     Hermione and I return to Hogwarts arm in arm, as we join Harry he tells us that the Burrow was set ablaze over Christmas. I guess even the bad guys don't take Christmas off, that's crazy, who doesn't like Christmas? Hermione grabbed a copy of the Daily Prophet from an unsuspecting student and the front page has an article about the Burrow fire.

Hermione: It's easy for them to get you. You're bloody lucky you weren't killed. You have to realize who you are, Harry.

Harry: *annoyed* I know who I am Hermione, all right?

(Y/n): *clears throat*

Harry: Sorry.

     Just then a Ravenclaw named Maria Tamworth, joined us and asked if Ron and Harry were okay. Maria is a grade younger than us and it was obvious to Hermione early on that she may have a crush on Ron, which was news to me. She's a bright girl who has a natural affinity for magic, she has dark blonde hair and stormy blue eyes as well as a slightly pale complextion.

Maria: Harry, are you and Ron okay?

Harry: Yeah, we're okay. No one was hurt.

Maria: *relieved sigh* Thank goodness.

     Just then we come upon Ron retelling what happened at the Burrow to Lavender as well as some other Gryffindors. Lavender then kisses his cheek as we watch and Maria gains a disgusted look and says..

Maria: Excuse me, I need to go and vomit.

      I almost had the nerve to punch Ron right there but Hermione holds me back, anyways Harry is then called to Dumbeldore's office and asked me to accompany him. I kiss Hermione and follow Harry to Dumbeldore's office, there Dumbeldore explains what's been going on and that Harry has been trying to get to know Slughorn really well. Now we are going to find out why, Dumbeldore pulled out the pensieve and poured a vial of liquid that contained a memory for us to see.

(A/N): The memory is what's important here.

      Harry and I pull away as the memory fades and Dumbeldore explains.

Dumbeldore: Confused? I would be surprised if you weren't.

Harry: I don't understand. What is this supposed to mean?

Dumbeldore: It's the most imporyant memory I have. It is also a lie.

(Y/n): You mean to say, that Slughorn tampered with his own memory? Why?

Dumbeldore: Perhaps he feels ashamed of it.

Harry: Why?

Dumbeldore: Why, indeed? I asked you, Harry, to get to know Professor Slughorn, and you have done so. Now, I want you to persuade him to divulge his true memory any way you can.

(Y/n): *cracks knuckles*

Dumbeldore: Not like that, Mr. (L/n).

(Y/n): Oh.

Harry: To be truthful, sir. I don't know him that well.

     Dumbeldore then dips his hand in the pensieve and tells us.

Dumbeldore: This memory is everything. Without it we are blind. Without it, we leave the fate of our world to chance. We don't have a choice. You must not fail.