The Yule Ball

(Y/n) POV

The Golden Quartet is sitting in the Great Hall for lunch and mail, I am eating a side of pork when the Patill twins walk by and say hello to Harry. Harry then sees Cho, who Harry has had a crush on her since the start of the year, whatever that means. Then Hermione slams the Daily Prophet on the table in frustration;

Hermione: Look at this! I can't believe it, she's done it again. "Ms. Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, seems to be acquiring a taste for famous wizards. Her latest prey, sources report, is none other than the Bulgarian bon-bon, Viktor Krum and maybe the Thunderer, (Y/n) (L/n). No word yet on how Harry Potter is taking this latest emotional blow."

(Y/n): Wow, I knew she was a bad reporter, but geez.

Nigel: Parcel for you, Mr. Weasley.

Ron: Ah, thank you, Nigel.

Hermione gets Ron's attention and Ron realizes Nigel is still hanging around.

Ron: *whisper* Not now, Nigel. Later. *Nigel leaves*

(Y/n): What was that about?

Ron: *sigh* I told him I would get him Harry's autograph.

(Y/n): Gotcha.

Ron: *opens parcel* Oh look, mum sent me something.

Ron then pulls out what looks like an old time dress, like really old. I just burst with laughter as Hermione tries to contain herself.

Ron: Mum sent me a dress?

Harry: Well, it does match your eyes. Is there a bonnet?

(Y/n): Yes there is! HAHAHAHA!

Ron: Nose down, guys. Ginny these must be for you.

Ginny: I'm not wearing that it's ghastly.

Hermione: They're not for Ginny. They're for you. *crowd laughs* Dress robes.

Ron: Dress robes? For what?

Timeskip An Hour Later

Every Gryffindor is in a room with girls on one side and boys on the other, Filch is trying to get a huge phonograph while McGonagall addresses the crowd.

McGonagall: The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament, since it's inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well mannered frivolity.

(Y/n): Frivo- what?

McGonagall: As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every on of you to put your best foot forward. And I mean this literally because The Yule Ball is first and foremost, a dance.

This got mixed reactions from everyone in the room, I wasn't complaining, I'm not afraid of dancing but I just don't how to dance is my only issue. McGonagall then raises her voice.

McGonagall: Silence! The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly 10 centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons. Now to dance is to let the body breath. Inside every girl a secret swan slumbers, longing to burst forth and take flight.

Ron: Something's about to burst out but I don't think it's a swan. *chuckling*

I throw a book at Ron and nail him in the head for being disrespectful.

McGonagall: Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr. Weasley.

Ron: Yes?

McGonagall: Will you join me, please?