The Entrance to the Chamber of Secrets

(Y/n) POV

A few days later and Harry tells the three of us what he found in, what is now known as, Tom Riddle's diary.

Harry: It was Hagrid. Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets fifty years ago.

Hermione: It can't be Hagrid. It just can't be.

Ron: We don't even know this Tom Riddle. He sound like a dirty, rotten snitch to me. What do you know about this Tom Riddle, (Y/n)?

(Y/n): Hmm, well he was a student here when the Chamber of Secrets was opened for the first time, he was placed in Slytherin house and was an exceptional wizard but after he left Hogwarts he just kinda fell off the grid and was never heard from again.

Harry: The monster had killed somebody guys. What would any of us had done?

Hermione: Look, Hagrid's our friend. Why don't we just go and ask him about it?

Ron: That would be cheerful visit. "Hello, Hagrid. Tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?"

Hagrid: Mad and Hairy? You wouldn't be talking about me now would you?

Everyone: No.

I felt really bad about lying to him, Harry then asks about what Hagrid's holding in his hand.

Hagrid: Oh, it's, uh, flesh-eating slug repellent. For the Mandrakes, you know. Now, according to Professor Sprout, they've still got a bit of growing up to do. But once their acne's cleared up, we'll be able to chop them up and stew them and then we'll get those people down at the hospital un-petrified. In the meantime, you four, had best be looking after yourselves.

Hagrid then starts walking away and I smack Ron on the back of his head.

Ron: What was that for?!

(Y/n): For not thinking better of our friend.

Neville: Harry! I don't know who did it but you better come, quick.

We all follow Neville to the boys dormitory and see Harry's belongings strung all over the room.

Hermione: It had to have been a Gryffindor. Nobody else knows our password, unless it wasn't a student.

Ron: Whoever it was, they must've been looking for something.

Harry: They found it. Tom Riddle's diary is gone.

(Y/n): Great.

A week later and Ron and I are in the Quidditch stands waiting for the game to start, just then though I feel a tap on my shoulder and see Harry and Professor McGonagall. McGonagall then tells us that the three of us need to come with her, we follow her to the hospital wing.

McGonagall: I must warn you, this could be a wee bit of a shock.

Confused, we follow her until we come to a bed and Hermione is there on the bed, she has been petrified.

(Y/n): Hermione?

I kneel down and touch her hand, McGonagall then explains.

McGonagall: She was found near the library, *shows a hand mirror* along with this. Does it mean anything to any of you?

We all shake our heads no and a few minutes later we are told to return Gryffindor tower. As soon as we get there McGonagall calls for everyone's attention.

McGonagall: Because of recent events, these new rules will be put in place, effective immediately. "All students must return to their house common rooms by 6:00 every evening. All students will be escorted to each lesson by a teacher. No exceptions." I should tell you, unless the culprit behind these attacks is caught, it is likely the school will be closed.