The Beginning of The End

(Y/n) POV

     I am sitting with Hermione getting ready for Dumbeldore's mission to fi d the Horcrux he claims to have found.

Hermione: Are you sure I can't go with you?

(Y/n): I wish you could, honestly, but it's Dumbeldore's orders. Plus I don't want to see you get hurt while we're out there.

Hermione: And how do you think I feel about you going out there?

(Y/n): I know you're worried and I really appreciate it, but I have to do this or we might not be able to take down Voldemort for good. It's a risk, yes, but it's a necassary one. *kisses Hermione* Please, wait for me?

Hermione: *sniffles* Always.

Harry: (Y/n)? It's time.

      I kiss Hermione one more time and stand to leave but hesitate to let go of her hand, but I do let go and follow Harry to Dumbeldore's office. When we reach the Astronomy Tower, Harry and I hear the voices of Snape and Dumbeldore.

Snape: Have you ever considered that assume too much, ask too much, that you take too much for granted? Has it ever crossed your brilliant mind that I don't want to do this anymore?

Dumbeldore: Whether it has or hasn't is irrelevant. I will not negotiate with you, Severus. You agreed. Nothing more to discuss.

Snape comes down the stairs sees us and shoots us a glare before leaving, Harry and I approach Dumbeldore hopefully ready for whatever traps lie in wait. Dumbeldore turns to us and addresses Harry for a moment while I practice with Mjolnir a little.

Dumbeldore: Oh, Harry. You need a shave, my friend.

Harry: *chuckles as he touches his new facial hair*

Dumbeldore: You know, at times, I forget how much you've grown. At times, I still see the small boy from the cupboard. Forgive my mawkishness, Harry. I'm an old man.

Harry: You still look the same to me, sir.

Dumbeldore: *chuckle* Just like your mother, you're unfailingly kind. A trait people never fail to undervalue, I'm afraid. *to me* I met your parents once, (Y/n).

(Y/n): Really?

Dumbeldore: Oh yes, I travelled to Norway and was at risk of freezing to death, your mother found me and took me to her home, there your father healed me with magic of his own. As I stayed with them while I healed, I learned they had a child with a affliction to his lungs. That little baby was you. I look at you now and see the kindness your father showed me when he saved my life, you also have your mother's unwavering determination. Now you have grown into a mighty being that still protects a world that doesn't deserve you, but I am thankful you are here.

(Y/n): Thor saved my life by giving me his power, he loved Midgard just as much as I do. He died because he thought I could be strong enough to continue what he always wanted to do. To protect Midgard.

Dumbeldore: Well, I hope you stick around for the tough times ahead.

(Y/n): Until my dying breath.

Dumbeldore: *nods* The place to which we journey tonight is extremely dangerous. I promised both of you could accompany me, and I stand by that promise. But there is one condition: You must obey every command I give you, without question.

Harry: Yes, sir.

Dumbeldore: You do understand what I'm saying? Should I tell you to hide, you hide. Should I tell you to run. Should I tell you to abandon me and save yourself, You must do so. *silence* Your word, both of you.