Chp 5- Dusty is untrusty

-2 weeks later-

Dust's POV

Nightmare been acting fishy lately, I don't really know whats going on..

Ever since Error- no The Destroyer -What Everyone calls him- saved us, Nightmare leaves every night to do some secret business.. I'm not sure what but he always come back disappointed.

He doesn't know I know..He usually leaves when Killer, Horror and Cross goes to sleep..I guess he thinks were all asleep at the time..

Horror, Killer and I sat in a genocide route of Overtale. The Murder trio are together again. We were in hotland, we had forgotten our gloves and Killer whined about not wanting to get snow on his new shoes.

Horror usually liked eating the humans here since they had magic in them.. But we have to be carful, I believe humans are still stronger than Monsters here.

I then sensed Nightmare's magic here.
And I think Killer and Horror did too..
We looked at each other confused.

An explosion went off, We teleported to where it came from..And there was Error fighting Human Flowey in the snowdin woods. He already had Frisk's soul in his strings.

But one thing stuck out..not too far from the battle was..Nightmare. He was behind a tree watching Error fight.

I chuckled to myself. I don't think Killer nor Horror noticed him yet. They were mesmerized by Error's great fighting skills.

He dodged left and right from Flowey's root attacks and pellets..

Pfft I could do that..

Error shot a bone attack towards the human weed. Flowey blocked the attack, while he was blocking, Error teleported behind the weed, dodged the incoming root and stabbed him with his red glitched bone attack.

My sockets widened as I smiled.

That was too smooth. He did it like it was nothing, where did he get such..Determination? I bet he's worth a lot of Exp..

I need to get that exp..

"Be patient brother.." Pap told me..but I couldn't wait any longer..

Killer was smiling with excitement, he turned to me and paused "You okay Dust?" My eyelights glowed brightly in the darkness of my hoodie.

Error crushed Flowey's body completely.
I jumped from behind the tree and aimed my gaster blaster at him. His sockets widened.
The blast fired and hit him across the woods.

I walked toward him through the ashes flying in the air..
He coughed as blood ran from his teeth. I smiled as I was about to dust him. He kicked me from under my feet and strapped me in his strings. I went flying through trees and crashed into some shops.

"oH NoEs! U bRok TeMmIeS sHoP!!" a small girl in a yellow and blue sweater began to beat on my head.
She was then grabbed by strings and killed right in front of me.

Me- I'm so sorry Temmie! *sobs*

3 of my left ribs were broken, I couldn't move much. I look up at Error standing above me.. My sockets went blank as he glared at me.

"What are you doing here little Dusty? HeHehEhEhe!!" I started to shake, that hasn't happened in years..

Just as Error was about to end me, Nightmare whacked Error away with his tentacle. "I thought I told you to watch yourself?" Were these two gonna battle?

Horror teleported over and helped me up.. Killer teleported next to Nightmare with his knife ready.

I guess Nightmare does care about us a little..

Error got up and brushed off his clothes "He attacked me first while I was working.. And I thought I told YOU to watch your back? You don't remember or do you need another lesson?"

Wait wut?

Me, Horror and Killer froze in the awkwardness. Nightmare had a teal hue across his face.

"Don't mess with my gang..I mean it this time..next time won't be so friendly" his voice grew harsh..

The Destroyer rolled his eyelights "Don't expect me to save you next time you're getting your ass kicked by Ink.."

Error folded his arms and sat there "I still have to Destroy this Au..Leave already, Unless you wanna see what the void looks like"

Nightmare turned into goop, he dragged us in and pulled us out, we came out back at our base..weird how that works

Nightmare didn't say anything to us, he kept his back turned and teleported to his room.

Horror exhaled very hard "Oh I thought we were gonna die!" Killer chuckled "Me too, or at least got a beating with frozen fish.."

Me and Horror stared at him for a second. He shrugged "A lot of things happened before you guys joined.."

Cross came over while eating a chocolate bar "So how was eating people and terrorizing peoples lives like? Did you psychos have fun?"

I poke his chest "Hey, I'm insane but i am not a psycho like Killer.."

Killer nudged my chest "Ow- oh yeah..can someone heal me?" Cross almost choked on his bar "wah- What happened? How did your ribs break?"

"This idiot picked a fight with the Destroyer.." Horror poked my chest too.. "I couldn't control myself.. After his fight with Human flowey, I just knew he had a lot of exp.."

Killer could barely hold his laughter "He got overpowered by Error, man he swug him through so many trees, Hahaha!"

I puched him "Shut up..You didn't even help you hid like a coward.."

"Or I hid cause I'm smart.."
.
.
I sit on the couch as Cross healed my ribs "Wanna know who else was hiding?"

Killer sat up from where he was sitting "Yeah we Know, Horror was with us too.."

"No, not Horror..Nightmare" Horror spit out his food "What!? He was there the whole time? I thought I sensed him.." I nod

.  .  .
"That means he saw you get your ass beat! Bwahahaha!" Cross, Killer and Horror broke out in laughter.. I groaned "Shut up! You're missing the bigger picture, He was spying on Error too!"

After a few seconds they began to calm down "Most nights, Nightmare sneaks out to who know where, and I think its so he can spy on The Destroyer.."

Cross finished healing me and sat on the couch over "And so what if he does? He could be collecting information about him to take him down.."

I roll my eyelights "But why does Nightmare blush everytime we mention or when he talks about him? He's been blushing ever since he met Error.."

We all got silent..

They begun laughing again "You think Boss has a crush on the Destroyer!? Pfft Bahahahhah!!" I groan again

"That, mean, grouchy, evil, soulless guy? Loving someone? Halarious.."
Cross went back to looking at his phone..

"Whatever.." I teleport up to my room "Those idiots don't know anything..

I'll prove I'm right..My suspensions are always right...let's see what boss is hiding