Chp 16- love kills

It's been a few days since that encounter with the Star Sanses and lately, Error has been... avoiding Nightmare. He gets weird feelings when he's around him, so Error has stopped going on missions with the gang, he barely sleeps at the mansion anymore, and he destroys Aus alone again.

Nightmare has taken notice but hasn't had any time to address it. He has been weak and sick. During heists, the Star sanses show up before they get any time to cause chaos, so the negativity percentage in the multiverse has been dropping quickly. He was melting with rage... And was literally melting.

His dark form couldn't hold it's shape as well as it use to. With the positivity in the air, he looked like a soggy version of himself. He dripped everywhere and had forced Cross to clean it. The only thing keeping him from turning to his passive form was his burning hatred for Dream, Error's destruction and his own negative emotions since Error was avoiding him.

Nightmare huffed as he looked at his reflection in his bedroom mirror. He looked awful and he felt awful. His face looked as if it was melting off. His right socket was slightly visible, you could see his purple eyelight underneath. The slime that covered his eye was dripping away.

He gave a wet cough into his hand, blood remained as he looked at it. This positivity was going to kill him. He growled.
But paused when he heard a familiar glitchy voice.

Error was talking to Cross next to the stairs. Nightmare stood close to his door. "No, we ran out of chocolate last week and I've been too busy cleaning to get a new stock." He heard Cross say on the other side. Error sighed. "Okay... Why are you cleaning anyway?" Error asked with a hint of annoyance. "Nightmare hasn't been looking too good, he's practically melting from all the positivity. So I clean up his messes."

Nightmare growled at Cross' choice of words. 'Messes' as if he was a child doing it on purpose.
"Oh? Is he alright? Why aren't you guys causing negativity?" The destroyer asked, almost sounding... worried? Was he worried about him? Nightmare smiled a little at that. He held back a cough.

"We tried. But the Star Sanses somehow manage to stop us before we even start. Horror and I have to stay to keep the negativity higher here, so Dust and Killer fight them alone, Nightmare hasn't been there to help... And well neither have you..." Cross said. He was still moping. "You should help sometimes..." Cross spoke again.

Error went quiet. "I-I can't.." The feeling of humiliation radiated off the Destoyer.
Was he embarrassed? He's been avoided Nightmare since that day the Star Sanses had made him leave.
"What did they say to him?" The dripping guardian thought.

"Why not?.. Hey! I got an idea! Why don't you take Nightmare with you when you destroy?" Cross said cheerfully. "That should get him back on his feet!" To be honest, that didn't sound like a bad idea. Nightmare walked back to his mirror, he adjusted his slime.

"Cross wait!" Error whisper-shouted just before a knock was heard at the door. "Enter." Nightmare said. The door was opened and there stood Cross. He held the destroyer there by holding his scarf. Error paused, he adjusted his posture and waved.

Nightmare turned and came closer to the two. "Yes?" He was hoping Error would invite him but Cross spoke. "Error here, was wondering if you would care to accompany him while he destroyed," The monochrome skeleton said as he was still holding on to Error. The destroyer kept his gaze to the floor.

The guardian smiled a little. "Sure, it's better than to sit around here-" he began to cough blood. He covered his mouth and knelt to the floor as Cross and Error's sockets widened. Error pulled napkins from a portal and handed them to the slimy skeleton.

"I won't destroy the Au, I can help cause negativity." The destroyer said as he knelt beside the guardian. Nightmare huffed as he wiped his mouth. Cross placed the mop down. "Horror, Dust, Killer and I can come too?" Error nodded. Cross stood and ran downstairs.

>>
Error strung up the royal guards as he blew up buildings. Cross and Horror terrorized civilians. Dust and Killer were fighting off Asgore and Sans. While Nightmare stabbed a few people as he walked by.
He could feel some of his strength coming back to him. But that was short-lived when the Star Sanses showed up. Once again like they knew exactly when and where they were going to be.

The Gang and Error felt their presence and made their way to where Nightmare was.
The dark guardian huffed as he leaned on the side of someone's home. This wasn't enough. Dream's positivity was throwing off the negativity they were trying to make.

The Star sanses ran forward but paused when they saw Nightmare. He looked in the direction of where he could feel Dream's aura. His sight was blurry, everything hurt and was fading in and out. Dream gasped at the sight of his dark brother. The side that covered his eye had completely melted away. His white bones and purple eyelights showed.

The dark guardian pushed himself off of the house and into his stance. He huffed, trying to keep himself standing. Berror didn't like Nightmare but he guessed this was why he wanted chaos and negativity so much. Just like how Dream got weak near those things, Nightmare would get weak from positivity. They were cancelling the other out. They needed a balance. Or the other would die...

Dream took a step forward. "Brother..."
"I don't need your pity!" the melting skeleton shouted, with blood rushing from his mouth. His body wobbled as he kept himself up. "You like seeing me like this... Don't you!?" the half side of his slime melted from his face. "That's why you do this to me.. That's why you didn't help me.." He gave an upset smile.
Dream never wanted to bring his brother pain, but this was the plan Killer had came up with. Weaken his brother with positivity so his true form would show. Error would see that he was using him, they would split and then they'd take Nightmare and convert him to the good side.
But he necessarily didn't want to do this to him. "No! I can help you now... Just come with me." The positive guardian pleaded, with tears in his sockets.

Cross made it over first. He paused at the sight of his boss. "N-Nightmare?" The dark guardian turned towards Cross. The monochrome skeleton gave a firm look, he nodded, summoned his weapon and stood in front of his melting boss. "Leave! Or I'll make you.." Cross threatened. Dream took a step back.

Horror and Dust finally found the two and paused. "Whoa, Nightmare looks different under there.." Horror stated. Dust nodded. They got into their stances. Ink and Berror got out their weapons too.

Error came from a portal and pulled off some strings as he got into his stance.
Killer never showed.

Nightmare noticed his slime was still dripping off and Error was here now. He couldn't let Error see him like that.
But it was too late...
Nightmare's hold on his form had broke. His slim seeped back into him as he was kneeling to the ground. He huffed as blood dripped from his mouth and down his chin.

"Brother... You have fallen, give up and come with me..." Dream said as he held his hand out to take.
Suddenly, Dream's arm was wrapped in strings, he was jerked. Everyone's gaze went over to Error. He was burning with fury.
"What is this!?" he shouted in disbelief.

(1304 words)
To be continued...
Sorry for the short chapter!
Will post tomorrow.