Track 38. | Better Love

Start from the beginning

"You cheated on your boyfriend with your ex boyfriend" I say making sure she knows how bad it sounds. "Don't try paint me as the bad guy here, by what you told me about that Bowie chick last night, sounds like you cheated on her" she says patting my shoulder as she slides to the side of the bed standing out pulling on her underwear.

"What? I didn't cheat on her. Me and her aren't going out" I say with a chuckle as she turns to look at me pulling on her leather pants with a raised eyebrow.

"You told me this is yours and hers suite, sounds pretty serious to me" she dead pans pulling her white T-shirt over her head.

I sigh knowing she's right. I did fuck up what ever me and Bowie had. I run my hand through my hair as Violet pulls on her leather jacket fixing before pulling on her black heeled boots.

"In my opinion, I think you and her need to have a chat about what exactly you two want, I don't think this is how you deal with it" she says gesturing between me and her as she grabs her bag off the floor shoving her keys and phone back into it as they fell on the floor.

"I know, I just don't know if she'll want to talk to me" I sigh pulling on my sweatpants before standing up. "Give her time, don't bombard her with apologies, she needs time to think" Violet says as I walk her out to the door, her heeled boots clicking against the marble floor.

"Thanks for the advice, and I hope things work out with you and your boyfriend" I laugh as she puts her hand on the door nodding "you're welcome, and, here's your mother's ring back" she says placing a diamond ring into my hand. My eyes widen at it, it's the ring I proposed to her with a few years ago. I never thought I'd see it again. "You kept it?" I ask looking up at her as she nods "of course, only a bitch would throw away such a priceless ring." She laughs as I thank her with a quick hug. "I hope you get her Harry, she sounds amazing" she says seriously as I nod opening the door for her.

As she steps out I hear laughing coming down the hall. My stomach sinks as I see Stevie and Bowie stood in the middle of the hallway looking down at Violet leaving and me stood next to her dressed in only sweatpants.

"See you around!" Violet shouts at the three of us quickly running down the hallway to avoid any argument that may rise from all of this.

I quickly tuck the diamond ring into my pocket as the two girls walk down the hallway keeping their glares on me.

"Morning" I mumble as they pass. Stevie mumbles back while Bowie keeps a tight lipped smile nodding at me before they disappear down the hallway.

* * *

"So, you fucked your ex girlfriend, well fiancé, what was she?" Niall asks me as he looks out the window of the car.

I roll my eyes, why did I have to bring him with me? Tony did this on purpose, or it's Bowie asking the universe to punish me.

"Technically fiancé, she still had the ring" I mumble as Niall snaps his head to look at me "she kept it?" He asks and I nod as he blows out a whistle "that must of slapped you hard in the face when she gave it back" he says as I glare at him.

"Yes, but now I feel like it's all over with her, any loose ends are all tied up, she's moved on. It's time I do too" I say gripping the steering wheel feeling upset over Violet moving on but also upset because I know how bad I hurt Bowie, she doesn't need to tell me she is because I know deep down she's trying her hardest to not break, she's too stubborn to admit how she's feeling.