Chapter 14

I yawned, loudly. Stretching I winced at the soreness in my arms and legs. I was stiff, as if I had been sitting in the same position for hours without moving. I opened my eyes, meeting nothing but darkness. I slung my legs over the edge of the bed. Frowning when I realized that this bed was't like the apartments. It was way stiffer. 

The lights came on, I turned my gaze towards the open door where a tall taunt Casanova stood. He had a brooding expression on his face. His startling green eyes racked over my body in a concerned way. I noted that he looked exhausted, as if he hadn't slept for days. His hair was tousled and there was a darkness to his features. 

My heart beat speed up in anticipation. No matter how much I denied my attraction to Zyker-- to his face, he was simply the most beautiful thing I had ever layed my eyes on. He made my heart race when he came in the room, he sent tingles through my body, he both scared and enticed me. And I hated it. Hated him for it all.

I waited for him to break the silence. Waited for a distraction that would allow me to look away from those dewy green eyes. 

"Your finally awoke," he sighed. Seemingly relieved

Finally? I frowned in confusion. "Um... yeah." I winced. My voice was off. It was raspy, barely audible.

He lifted an eyebrow crossing the short distance to my bed he towered over me, cupping my chin in his hand. I fought the sigh that tried to break free from his touch. Zyker tilted my face from side to side. His gaze lingering on certain areas. His lip tightened into a thin angry line.

I swiped his hand away, scooting away in-order to create some distance between us. 

"You don't remember do you?" I tilted my head to the side in question. He nodded. "of course you don't." He walked away towards the other side of the bed. "You've been out for three days. You had to get stitches in your head. You have a couple bruise from--- You're cheek bone is also bruised." His hand tightened into fist and he closed his eyes. As if fighting against something from within. His muscles tightened, chest heaved. "from when he slapped you," he growled.

Slapped? I'd been slapped? I've been out for three days ?"I don't follow. I feel fine."

His eyes opened, they seemed darker. It was obvious that he was mad at me. Obvious that he was having a hard time being this patient.

"You don't remember having dinner with me?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes. "How could I forget? You chained me to the table!" I said, accusingly.

He ignored my accusing tone. "What did you do after that?"

I pouted in frustration. But I did try to recall what else we did that night, The harder I tried the more of the night I relived, My heart beat picked back up but this time in fear. The window... I'd escaped through the window. The bus. Creepy dude. The accented dude who tried to rape me. I looked up at Zyker with tears in my eyes. His face softened,

"Don't worry Angel. He didn't touch you. I got there just in time." His features darkened again. "He was so fucking close though! If we had sparred one more minute then--"

I covered my ears. "I don't want to hear it!"

"I dont care about what you want, at the moment Angelina," He spat. "I tried to take you out. I was trying to better dammit! And you still tried to escape. And look what happened." He gestured at a mirror that sat on the night stand. "Look at your face!"

I stared at him, tears falling down my face. He looked at me with disgust, distrust and anger. So much anger. I glanced at the mirror, reaching out with shaky hands to grab it. I lifted it up to my face, barely able to make out my feature through my tear filled eyes. I wiped the tears away and came face to face with a purple and blue face. There were hand prints spayed across my cheek. My head had a giant bandage wrapped around it. I didn't understand. I should feel this. I should of--